MRTN's Genesis Slim DONE

bud

DAT ASS
Alright, a little back story first: I brought a GOAC with me to MRTN. It was given to me by T-Berg a while back and I had no idea whether it worked or not when I threw it in my bag. When I got there everyone wanted to build a portable together and somehow we decided on a Gennyp. Ashen spent the time doing the pinouts and general wiring, and I was the case maker. We were originally going to have a cart slot, but the board was a Playstation and didn't like the fact that Ashen rewired the slot close to ten times. He even went as far as to remove the rom chip trying to get it to work. BAMF Ashen popped several traces. "LOL I'll just hardwire it back on." Like I said, BAMF. On the last day something awful happened. The batteries we were planning to use vanished. We have absolutely no clue what happened to them. It's like they just dissolved into thin air. We didn't get it done while we were there, but I'm only a few steps away from finishing it.

I'm waiting on some tacts and a power jack to come in the mail, then I need to find some decent batteries that'll fit.

Pics:
a3cmBl.jpeg

The case was a bit of a Sega when I was in TN, but when I got home I showed it who's boss. ;)
qPBfKl.jpeg

Insides.
tJyDGl.jpeg

I packed everything tight onto the GOAC so there'd be maximum room for batteries. Looks messy, but it all works :)

This one's going to be super thin when it's all closed up.

Re: MRTN's first love child

Looks amazing. And didnt Ashen take them?
Ashen said:
Haha, whoops! I may have grabbed those cells and tossed them in with my flax, I dunno. I can always mail em to Bud.

Well, there goes bud and Ashen making sexy portables again.

I blame the MR meet up curse.

Did you know that there has yet to be a portable completed at a meetup?

MRTN was close to being the first, and on the first day, too. Then the curse set in.

Got the buttons from China today. Got 'em installed without a hitch.
EVLZfl.jpeg

Put on a little cord for testing purposes. "It works!"
UeGVhl.jpeg

Full internals minus batteries and the charge jack.
7QXhhl.jpeg

I've still got to do some research and find the right cells. Also, anyone have some name ideas? It'd be a shame to leave this unnamed.

Re: MRTN's Genesis Slim

Looks sex Bud. I may have some other cells to throw in there I can pack along with the other thing I've got going on for ya when its done. You'll need a 7.4v protection thingy though.

Got some cells from Ashen the other day, and I just placed an order for a PCB. Anyone want to guess the thickness thinness?

I finally got around to completely finishing this. I'll make a video and take some nice pictures soonish.

Best part is the batteries last over 5 hours. I can't believe 2900mah lasted that long! :)

This makes me want to buy one of the absolutely tiny GOACs my local game store sells.

Back