MP5 Player mod

Sonyportableizer

So I got a crazy MP5 player that is a fake PSP http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NgF7RIghZs
It plays tons of video files, has insane resolution, plays games and does tons of crazyness for only $40 shipped. Much better the an Ipod if you use it for videos, and tons cheaper.

4_3_inch_WQVGA_MP5_Player_PSP_Game_with_Camera.jpg

But when I try and play GBA games on it, well I cant adjust the audio using the controls (Using the buttons, it has no volume controls. AKA I must use the D-pad while watching video to change volume, but when playing games that function is disabled so the volume is stuck on loud as *Can'tSayThisOnTV*)
But is it possible to throw something in the audio line like a potentiometer that can controls the volume that way? And if so how can I learn about how to use what I need?

EDIT: Would it be as simple as putting the input into the pot, grounding it where its needed and having the new output go to the speakers?

P.S. I know MP5 files dont exist, its just the name of the thing

EDiT2: Got it to work, is really easy to do if any come upon this on google

You want to put a stereo pot on the signal going to the amplifier, not on the amplified output.

As for 'better than an ipod' ...I suppose if audio quality, build quality, decent operating system, tested software, battery life, size, and not looking like a tool with a fake PSP, do not matter to you, then sure, it's better.

Well I like ipods for their video playing. And I have an old nano for music. For $40 shipped its an amazing compromise.
Audio quality with headphone is a 9 (Speakers are like a 4.5)
Build: 5 (It can survive a drop, but probably not pressure on the front)
Batterylife: Blows
Size: Great size, but if you like having it in your pockets its not, but I watch videos in the car or bed
And looking like a tool, I dont think about that stuff but your right about that. But I didnt buy it to look like I have a PSP I bought it to watch my shows

So id give an ipod a 10/10
This is a 5/10, but then the fact thats its only $40 makes up for it. $40 compared to $199 is nice, and I dont worry about theft because its flaxty. Given the choice of an ipod, id take it everytime without a doubt, but with costs in mind its a great compromise

And thanks for the info, will update when the pot comes in the mail

Back