MoyaKube Worklog

put the meter on a very low resistance setting, say 200 ohms, positive on the pin (not your wires) on the regulator board, negative on the pin your wire goes to on the motherboard (again, not the wire). if there's a good circuit, the meter will beep or show a value greater than 0 (but should still be small) indicating a good connection. repeat for every connection you've soldered including ground!

If the sides were really bridged, though, it's likely it broke the moment it was powered on. It may not work again. The ARAM chip does not need to be grounded, though, because that pins get ground from underneath the chip too, which doesn't get cut off.

Guys thanks for your help. The gc is actually fried. But Ill not give up I'm planning to buy a dol-101. I hear it was better for beginners. Isthat correct? Thanks

The DOL-101 has the regulator board for the voltages built into the mainboard itself, and thus is easier for beginners. Thats the way i understand it.

Ok amigos i just bought a dol-101 gamecube, screen is connected, controller is soldered.
But whn i turn it on it says: an error has occured, restart the gamecube or something like that. Is it because theres no discdrive connected or wiikey? Because my last motherboard i never saw that screen message.... If you guys know something its appreciated!

It sounds like it has something to do with the fact that theres no drive or wiikey. Can you access the menu settings before the drive starts trying to spin? i dont quite remember when the drive starts spinning but if you can get to the menu it would prove that the controller isnt the culprit. The power isnt the issue so its either the controller or the drive, i would say the drive.

Does the disc drive spin? Do you have drive that has a xeno? This could be a great way to test if the drive is getting power or having reading issues

If your previous board didn't do that, it's probably because it was IPL v1.0, and they don't give those errors. On an IPL 1.1v, that will happen when data is not passing from the motherboard to some kind of disc drive or disc drive emulator.

Ok blagarman, i thank you for your answer. I just received the wiikey crom megalomaniac so ill try this weekend, if it still shows the error, ill keep you updated!!!

Blargaman91 said:
If your previous board didn't do that, it's probably because it was IPL v1.0, and they don't give those errors. On an IPL 1.1v, that will happen when data is not passing from the motherboard to some kind of disc drive or disc drive emulator.

1.0 and 1.1 will give the same errors if the disk drive or drive emulator is not detected...

megalomaniac said:
Blargaman91 said:

1.0 and 1.1 will give the same errors if the disk drive or drive emulator is not detected...

So for you Megalomaniac what do you think its the problem? The lack of discdrive? Than why my first motherboard didnt gave that error message?

Re: Re: MoyaKube Worklog

moyakong said:
megalomaniac said:
Blargaman91 said:

So for you Megalomaniac what do you think its the problem? The lack of discdrive? Than why my first motherboard didnt gave that error message?
Yes

Lack of disc drive or wkf/ode.

Ok guys i have news, i installed the wiikey to the gamecube, now the message that i have to restart is gone (i presume that i did a good install). But now theres a new message, first i see a interrogative sign (?), then the message says something like couldnt read the disc, something like that.
By the way i didnt install yet the 23 and 29 connection. Also when i turn on the gc, the led on the wiikey dont turn on is it normal? Thank you!

Plus you have to have an sd card in the slot with the slot plugged into the wkf. But solder 23 to its correct pad for now and put a normally closed switch between 29 and ground. Example: pin 29 -> NO switch -> ground.

megalomaniac said:

I am almost certain my IPL 1.0 boards never gave an error message for having no disc drive. Maybe some are different.

Wires are way too long. They look kind of thick too. You want thinner shorter wire.

The kind I like to use come from old ata133 hdd wire solid not stranded.

Back