Most worthwhile PURCHASE of a video game for it's cost?

Not sure -- I got a lot of my stuff in sales.

Portal: $20
Half-Life: $0.98
The Orange Box: $10
Counter-Strike: Source retail (CS:S, Day of Defeat: Source, Half-Life 2: Deathmatch): Christmas present
Left 4 Dead: Christmas present
Left 4 Dead 2: $16.67
Gmod: $10

Total: ~$58. Pretty good deal considering most new PC games cost $50.

No DoD:S :p

How did you get l4d2 for only $17?

And also, christmas gifts don't count :p That would've been another 30.

I guess if you wait for sales, you can get a lot of good games for good prices.
Valve is really good about steam sales, at least.

NOW IS THE TIME TO BUY, PEOPLE!

.....unless the sale's over....

snowpenguin said:

Um, did you read my post at all? CS:S retail includes DoD:S, and I mentioned that. :/

snowpenguin said:
How did you get l4d2 for only $17?

Steam sale. :awesomeTW:

snowpenguin said:
And also, christmas gifts don't count :p That would've been another 30.

$40, actually. But I didn't pay for them, so why should they not count?

And the sale's over, sadly.

Lawl, didn't see that. Ooops.

But I'm trying to make a good case for the complete pack! For others, it would count :p

Dang, sale's over? Fffff-

Also, oh Dang, we were both wrong! It isn't $40 for l4d, it's $20! And L4D2 is only $30 now!

I found 119 DOS games in a trash pile. They even came with a 1X CD-R drive. All for the price of sweat.

Summer Indie Action Pack- $20 includes five games which work out to under $5 each. I especially like Starscape (think Asteroids and Tyrian mashed together).

Mass Effect- A lot of game for $20, especially considering the amount of voice acting. I played it twice so far.

Call of Duty 2- $6 at a thrift store. This one takes the cake for game:price ratio, for sure. Great game, much better price.

There are a bunch of others, but these are the most recent.

Braid was a bit pricey, but an epic game in my opinion. I've got all the music saved, too, it's great stuff.

Oh, man, I freakin' love Braid.

I kinda raged when I saw it on clearance for $11 or something last time I was at Target, because when I bought it there previously it was $20. Oh well.

purchasing Metroid Prime for $5 was a good purchase.

I think I bought OoT new for $15 back in the day.

The orange box.

Introduced me to steam, still play tf2 3 years later and even the half life games.

Best purchase in my video game career.

bentomo said:
The orange box.

Introduced me to steam, still play tf2 3 years later and even the half life games.

Best purchase in my video game career.
Steam ID?

+1 on Braid

Castle Crashers. So many characters, weapons, and pets to unlock. I still don't have all the characters...

Kickback said:
Starcraft
Cost me all of my christmas money in 1997
I still play it now.
Oh flax

Just kidding guys, SC trumps like... everything

Yeah the best purchase was probably my R4i-SDHC. Now I never have to pay for another NDS game. It was only $8.

Another good purchase was Hot Wire for PSP now I have CFW and never have to buy another game for that either. :p

Back