ModRetro

I know that recently I've been withdrawing from this community somewhat, and pursuing other interests, but I'd be lying if I said SS didn't have an impact on my life. I spent a lot of time here during some somewhat dark times, and a lot of time here during some far happier times. I had a lot of fun, and without SS I probably wouldn't have ever attempted an N64 portable. We've had our disagreements, and we never really knew each other, but SS, you were the centre of a tight community, one that I was part of.

Dang it, that was rambly and flowery, too much and inadequate at the same time. I will close with this. We had fun here, and I wish you luck with whatever you are going on to.

fIKRh.png

Respect for a mentor and a Bro. From the days back at Benheck.com when we were one big family, to this day here. I dont know why your leaving us, but it definitely wont be the same without our mad scientist leaving another creation in the News board. I love ya SS, and I will miss you deeply. Keep on Keeping on.

Farewell,
I'm sorry to have been such a wrench in the gears in the past.
Good luck on any future projects, modretro will miss you.

You were a complete asshole in that thread, and I'm pissed at you.

But I won't judge a bro on one situation, and this place won't be the same without you. The fond memories outweigh the bad ones.

I was gone for a week... A WEEK! And this happens.

SS, you weren't a douche to me when I was a noob, asking you stupid questions, even though you had every right to. You inspired me to create and build. You taught me never to be afraid of what was in that Gameboy or N64. Maybe you didn't tell me anything directly to me, but your videos and posts always inspired me in their own way.

Without your manlove fluctuating throughout ModRetro, MR is like a cold, dark alleyway. Like a strange, unknown part of the Internet that I'm terrified to step foot into. Losing you is like losing an older brother that never really talked to you, but one that you looked up to.

Maybe I'm overreacting, but I'm really taking this hard for some reason. SS is pretty much the coolest guy I can think of, and it's hard to see him go. I don't think I'm gonna be able to mod anything for a while. I'll see you in a few, ModRetro.

I'll miss you, SS. We all will.

(There goes the only man I'll ever love...)

@ last two posts-

It's a shame you weren't here in the beginning to get to know him better. He's a pretty boss bro. Honestly, SS built my modding style, along with marshallh, ben, technott, and LOB. I'd say that I'd suck at N64s if it weren't for him, and I built the QUAD64 in 5 days only on school nights just from what he taught me. Granted, I could've made it smaller or nicer, but it was so cool to be able to make it so quickly just from reading his worklogs and a couple phone calls.

Basement_Modder said:
It's a shame you weren't here in the beginning to get to know him better. He's a pretty boss bro. Honestly, SS built my modding style, along with marshallh, ben, technott, and LOB. I'd say that I'd suck at N64s if it weren't for him, and I built the QUAD64 in 5 days only on school nights just from what he taught me. Granted, I could've made it smaller or nicer, but it was so cool to be able to make it so quickly just from reading his worklogs and a couple phone calls.
So true. I've only known SS for like 11 months, but I wouldn't be the portablizer/modder I am now if it wasn't for him. Even when he criticized me and my projects, it was for good reason. To push me into what shape I'm in today.

Basement_Modder said:
It's a shame you weren't here in the beginning to get to know him better.

That's the worst part. I only knew him for a short time. I never got to speak with him directly or anything, either. I was waiting for my moment, and my moment never came.

I'm still not sure as to why he left on such short notice. Is it something personal that he doesn't want to talk about, or is it just a "don't have enough time" issue?

I just can't understand why he would leave and never come back if it was a "Not enough time" issue. Forgive my questions, but I would just like to know why he left. PM me if you have to.

EDIT: Read topic. Pissed. Sad. Teenagerey.

Basement_Modder said:
It's a shame you weren't here in the beginning to get to know him better. He's a pretty boss bro. Honestly, SS built my modding style, along with marshallh, ben, technott, and LOB.

Dang dude, you took me ALL they way to the old days at Benheck. I miss those days. Even when Bac was around. One happy modding family.

I'm quite shocked by this. I'm not one to post much, I'm more of a reader of the forum but I want to wish SS all the best and to thank him for all his knowledge he has kindly shared with everyone in the modding community.

Once a modder, always a modder ;)

clarky said:
I'm quite shocked by this. I'm not one to post much, I'm more of a reader of the forum but I want to wish SS all the best and to thank him for all his knowledge he has kindly shared with everyone in the modding community.

Once a modder, always a modder ;)

Holy sh#t it's clarky! I love your work! But yeah I agree. I've been taking things apart and learning how they work since I was around 7 years old....I think it was some sort of calling.

.....seriously does anybody know where SS's going to post his stuff now?

Noah said:
Twitter/YouTube

Bleh I prefer forums it feels more interactive. It's also nice to be able to check new messages at my leisure. I get annoyed when people message me over youtube instead of joining my forum haha

Back