mini n64 with built in 64 drive

gman

I started this a few months ago because I had a 64 drive and I was bored. I made the case and did the wiring and then it sat on my workbench for a few months because I got bored of it and didn't feel like finishing it :mrgreen: Today, I was cleaning off my workbench to prepare for a huge project I'm starting, and I decided to close it finally!

So this is an n64 console with the sides cut off and a built in 64 drive for sd card playing! I used a usb port for the power input with a custom usb wall adapter.

Worklog. I forgot to take a picture of the wiring, sorry. I was really proud of the 64drive wiring though, came out pretty neat.

legofan623 said:
Why a full size USB port on the back? Mini/Micro seems like it would be more universal.
I had a spare usb port laying around so I used it. It doesn't run off of usb power, I made a custom usb connector power supply just for the n64.

Cllinw said:
Amazing work as always! Is this project for sale? And if so how much would you be asking for?
tbh, the case work on it is pretty bad, It doesn't look so bad in the pictures but it definitely isn't my best

gman said:
legofan623 said:
Why a full size USB port on the back? Mini/Micro seems like it would be more universal.
I had a spare usb port laying around so I used it. It doesn't run off of usb power, I made a custom usb connector power supply just for the n64.

Cllinw said:
Amazing work as always! Is this project for sale? And if so how much would you be asking for?
tbh, the case work on it is pretty bad, It doesn't look so bad in the pictures but it definitely isn't my best
I still think it looks awesome! Would you consider selling it? PM me if you'd like to discuss it.

I was never an owner of the N64, but this is a really great job. Looks clean and professional, just like Nintendo rolled it off an assembly line! Great work bro

Back