MBB & MR Meet-up @ Downing's Basement, April 11th!!!

Downing

Meetuppic_zps69b26fbc.jpg

That's right kids, on April 11th through the 15th, the first ever physical meet-up between mods of MBB and MR is going to take place here in my workshop, Downing's Basement!

Probably 6 or 7 months in the planning, this meet-up will actually become a reality in just over a week! It's taken a ton of work to coordinate this and even after all the effort I did not expect something of this size to generate from it.

My name is Downing as most of you already know and my workshop/home is going to be where this event is hosted. I live in the capital city of New Hampshire which is just about as North East as one can go in the United States, other than Maine which is it's own beast all together. This event is going to bring some of the top Modders from all over the country to little ol' NH which I think is pretty cool! Though I regret no Modders from the UK or The Netherlands will be able to make the trip, I can understand.

But the guest list goes as follows.

Representing the Mod Retro Forums:

Moderator Tchay: The CCube, The Envision, what else does he have in store for us?! He and I have been doing business for a number of years now, including the original Envision case shell to now more recently his Envision commissions as apparently the world thinks they are pretty freaking cool! He hails from the great city of Hollywood California, a 3000 mile trip! Yeah...you're starting to see why I'm so excited for this.

Retired Moderator Beta: Most recently I've seen his skills at CAD design as he did up a few files for me to cut for one of our "Old Pals". I'd love to say I knew more about him, (other than his connection to Oculus) but that's one of the beauties of meeting new people. We should have lots to talk about!

Moderator (& Verified Female) Aux: Yes, there are a few female Modders out there and how lucky are we that she'll be making the trip! Aux will be traveling with Beta and I am super excited to meet in person a female who shares the same interest in modding that is normally something so male dominated! I am very interested to meet this rare phenomenon in person!

Representing the Made-by-Bacteria Forums:

Moderator Downing as the host. Notable projects include: The VerGeN64, The Nimbus 64, The Nimbus II, The GeneBoy, The GeneBoy Reloaded, The SNES-001 Advance and Advance II. It's been close to 5 years since I started modding and I've not looked back since and I'm very glad that I've continued to push forward as it's allowed opportunities like this one to present itself! Never would I have imagined that I'd meet some of these people, much less have them want to come to my place to do so! Keep reading!

Moderator Hailrazer. Notable projects: The Darth64, The Dream Trooper, The N64 Boy Advance, The Genemini and a whole lot more. Basically a legend of the console modding community. "Hailing" from the southern state of Georgia, he's making a 1200 mile trip! Ummmm, yeah, 18 hours of driving one-way!

Representing the SSF & MR Forums:
Yes, the title only shows two...couldn't fit the rest so hey, here's a surprise for ya!~

Admin Ashen: Notable Projects, making the most innovative Game Cube portables imaginable. "The Fusion Micro" has got to be one of the most amazing Game Cube portables to date and honestly I consider this man a pioneer of the hobby. Hailing from the state of Pennsylvania, he makes a 450 mile trip. Drop in the bucket really. haha

Last because he's the least (j/k) ShockSlayer: Notable projects...I don't have all night. You don't have to be a member of the modding community for long to find out who he is a what he does. But we can say this, not much isn't bound to happen when he's in this kind of company.

Ok, so there is the guest list! Are you excited? I'm getting there and next week is fast approaching! With that said, here are the details.

On top of a comprehensive meet-up video, we're also going to be doing a live stream on You Tube on Friday the 12th around 3PM EST. This will give a chance for everyone, including our Euro friends, a chance to view the live stream as we work on a couple collaborative projects. What we're gonna work on is still up in the air but rest assured, we'll think of something to keep your interest! Taking suggestions as well so if you feel you have something to contribute, let us know!

So, that was kind of a mouth full, but we really want to hear you thoughts for this "epic" (there I said epic) meet-up. Send us your ideas and be sure to hop onto the live stream when it happens!

Talk with you all soon and get excited!

Downing

I'm so excited. I can't even express.

On my list of things to accomplish is to be put together a complete Fusion 3 while I'm there. All of the Casework is already done, so it'll be an electronics/mounting stuff only type thing. Of course, I'd love to get involved in other stuff too. I'd love to see a bunch of completed projects come out of this.

I know, I can't wait! This is gonna be so much fun! Should be interesting to see what we come up with.

OH SHI- I thought this fell off the drawing board.

EDIT: OH SHI- I never fixed my avvy and sig... Oh well...

By request, here is a quick tour of my basement so those attending know what they are getting themselves into! Very excited yet again, can't wait for this week to go by!

I can send you a spare capture card for the meetup for the cost of shipping (if you ship it back). Do you want it?

Your basement is pretty sexy D. I'm already scared of the godDangit beam though. I'm 6'-2". :/

Severed heads aside, this is gonna be a good time.

I don't have a capture card, so yeah Prog if you feel like sending it I guess we can put it to use. Send me a PM and I'll get you my info!

Zero said:
ttsgeb said:
EDIT: OH SHI- I never fixed my avvy and sig... Oh well...

Deep down, I was really hoping it wasn't an April fools joke.

They're kinda embarrassing, but for you, I'll leave it like this for a while.

ALSO: UNPRIVATENESS THEM DAMNITS

Back