Looking to make my first portable, have questions!

Hey guys!
I'm looking to build my first ever portable in the form of a Nintendo 64 and have a few initial questions.

1- I'm looking around and the best/only real step by step tutorial I could find was Modded By Bacterias step by step playlist he has on Youtube. Would anyone reccomend this as a good guide for a first timer? Are there any other tutorials I'm missing?

2- I feel there is a large amount of n64 portables being built with a psone screen, would this be the most simple screen to use or are there other screens that are out there that are just as/ more reliable?

Thanks heaps guys in advance!:D

Back when portables first started they all had ps1 screens but now days most of the portables have backup monitors only difference between the ps1 screen and the backup monitors ps1 screens have a built in audio amp and the backup monitors don't

The PS1 screen is a 5" screen with a 4::3: ratio. That's unique. I can't find a 4::3: ratio screen bigger than 3.5" anywhere. So that's a huge benefit of the PS1 screen. I don't want to stretch the N64 image with a widescreen, but I also don't want to modify my case to accommodate the huge circle of the PS1 screen. Hnngg.

Including a resolution or lcd product number in the search helps when finding 4::3: 5" screens, 5" 640x480 for example. They do cost more then the 16:9s though, so when searching for a "deal" make sure you are getting both the screen and the driver board.

I bought this one on eBay, shipping was super quick coming from China too (~a week)
http://m.ebay.com/itm/VGA-AV-Controller ... nav=SEARCH

Back