LightScribe, Good quality?

Noah

Frequent Poster
So, I just found out about lightscribe, after having a very good DVD burner and recorder sit in my basement for about a year, and I was wondering if anybody has used it, and how good the quality is. I bought 50 DVD-Rs that can be used with lightscribe, so I'm curious before they get here to see if anyone has opinions about the quality. I'll be posting pictures of my first test when I get the dvds.

I friggin' love my Lightscribe drive. Takes about 20 minutes to burn a basic label, usually, but they always look really nice.

If you've got the hardware and the discs put them to use. It's worth it.

Well, DVDs just and I mean just got here. Surprised it was so quick, coming from Cali. Usually takes longer. Anyway, I'm burning a Windows 7 label for the uh, "legit" copy I own of the OS. Pics when it's done. Looking at like 17 minutes to go.

EDIT: It finished, and I'm loving the way it came out. Only the windows logo that is supposed to be colored is a little hard to see, but that doesn't really bug me. And if anyone needs DVDs, I got mine on ebay for $19 with free shipping, so that's actually a pretty good deal.

DSCN4458.jpg

DSCN4459.jpg

DSCN4460.jpg

DSCN4461.jpg

Yeah, Lightscribe is pretty nice. It's single-colour and low-res, but if anything that makes it look more pro.

LightScribe is fine but this is still my disc labeling tool of choice. :awesome:

e: friggin WB Mason using cookies and asking for a ZIP code before it shows you the link.
emot-argh.gif
Now I have to use Staples which gives the joke away in the URL. Ruins the whole thing.

bic said:
LightScribe is fine but this is still my disc labeling tool of choice. :awesome:
I think I fixed it. Your WBmason link didnt really work so I havent the foggiest what you linked to. So I put in my favorite tool.

A black Sharpie, actually. My favourite too, although usually I use whatever colour I have on hand. I have used Lightscribe in the past, for school projects IIRC.

Back before I had lightscribe, I used sharpie too. Until I tried using the DVD and it smeared all over the disc. :D

Back