LED Battery Light Change on Gameboy Advance

I want to change my battery light on my Gameboy Advance, and have all the components but need insight on conducting the task. Including resistors, lights, wires, solder, and soldering iron. I want to make it a personalized master piece. But first I need to know the magnitude of trying to disarm the currently operating lights to make them subject to change. I am also making the screen backlit.

Well first desolder the original led by either using a desoldering iron or desoldering wire (You could also try and remove it by heating up the points where it's located and prying it off, but I wouldn't recommend this method because it's quite risky). Then put the positive lead and the negative lead for your led in the right places and solder it back up. Also you can't backlight a gameboy advance but you can frontlight it ;).

What the led cathode and anode is:

Then find the symbol in this picture on your gameboy and place the led there.

Hope this helps and good luck!

No problem! That kit is pretty cool by the way. I had no idea someone actually figured out how to use the ags 101 light for backlighting advances. I wonder if this kit also works on gameboy colors.....

zaxxon'd said:
Well first desolder the original luci led by either using a desoldering iron or desoldering wire (You could also try and remove it by heating up the points where it's located and prying it off, but I wouldn't recommend this method because it's quite risky). Then put the positive lead and the negative lead for your led in the right places and solder it back up. Also you can't backlight a gameboy advance but you can frontlight it ;).

What the led cathode and anode is
Then find the symbol in this picture on your gameboy and place the led there.

Hope this helps and good luck!
Thanks for your formula. I like it as it's so much useful to me :)

Back