LCD Screens for Gamecube portable bigger than 5 inches

Hey Everyone. I'm beginning the planning stages to make my first Gamecube portable, well rather semi-portable and I'm looking for a good 10 inch LCD for the project. I've looked high and low for something of that size with a 640x480 resolution or atleast something that would look right. If anyone has any hints or knows of a good one to pick up please let me know!

Thanks guys!

I think I may have found a pretty good one, but could still use some advice:

http://www.adafruit.com/products/1694

Also with that screen and an unmodified regulator how many volts would I need to run them both? Also What would be a good enough mAh? I was thinking 9000+ Remember this isn't really a "portable" Think gamecube with a screen and battery packs set up to charge and play. just in a much smaller case and no dvd drive.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Your screen looks great if you can fit it in your build, but it looks like it's designed to run on 9V. Anything over 12V has a chance of frying it, and it might not work under 5V, so if your battery is in the 12 or higher voltage range then you might need a regulator. But if you're running the GCN on 5V using SS's trick, then you can just get a 5-11 volt battery and the screen will be fine running it in a parallel circuit.
As for mAh, just look at how much power the GCN takes on Zenloc's guide then add the amperage that your screen says for that voltage.
For example, if you use an 11.4 battery then you have ~1.55 Amps (GCN) + ~0.415 Amps (your screen)
=1.97 Amps and 11.1 V
What would be a good mAh depends on how long you want it to last (and how much you can pay)

I also found this 8" one if you're interested: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/8-TFT-LCD-CO...056?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a84e7f460

thezeroblade said:
Remember this isn't really a "portable" Think gamecube with a screen and battery packs set up to charge and play.
My shoe box and I, we've been there. :mrgreen:
QCnea93th2_v5DtQd4w_XN0BlTN80Xt-lrZYJyKrmRA=w214-h162-p-no

Back