Jumper Pak things

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToastBucket

tost
Is RAM on an N64 linear? Like if I wired a jumper pak directly to the RCP and left the RAM behind it on the traces would it still work? So instead of having it like it is on the board: RCP->RAM->Jumper, It would be RCP->Jumper->RAM.

Burd. When we had that conversation in chat, I wasn't positive. I'll try it when I get a board unless Jelly pops in and tells us.

Yes, but I'm fairly confident that the terminating resistor packs still need to be at the end.

The *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing traces go straight there with nothing else inbetween, how could it be different?

Wouldn't that terminate the RAM before it is even accessed; IE: not work? The jumper pack goes after the RAM, the traces end there, it terminates the RAM bus. I think it's linear. If it's not, well Toast, prove me wrong and make an awesome step in portablilizing.

Basically what I said. You can solder the memory to the RCP, but not the terminating resistor packs.

Owait, I thought we were talking about the thing toast and I were talking about before, wiring the jumper to the ram.

If the same traces connect to both memory modules and end at the jumper pak, it should work. Conductivity works that way. However, I don't see what you would gain by doing so.

I don't like how toast gets credit for ideas I had weeks ago that I was arguing with him about.

cndnanian or whatever you are is not a race. Nor does it deserve an uppercase letter, or correct spelling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back