Joytech 5.4" Gamecube screen

It's not exactly a bod screen but no where near the best. It runs with the same voltage as the GC. You can look at it yourself if you have one of those Active batteries or whatever. It has two plugs, one for the console and one for the screen. I believe that that battery is 5Ah. So 3.25 for the console, subtract that from 5 is just under 2Ah.

For quality it's decent but there's alway been problems with it(at least for me anyways). But the actual GC A/V plug makes it easier to solder to the board.

In short it's decent, like a 5-6 on a scale of 10.

Sorry for my rambling, only way I saw to get it across correctly.

Note: This is from my experience and knowledge of the screen and battery from when I was younger(and basic math).

Thanks for the info, I'm probably going to get a different screen then. This is one of the things I understand least. What is the highest image quality for a GC? I saw Ashen used progressive scan and everyone praised it but this makes little sense to me. I was going to try and use component, especially if I'm going to buy another screen but is this new wizardry worth doing?
Thanks
Prandy

Prandy said:
What is the highest image quality for a GC? I was going to try and use component
Thanks
Prandy
The resolution of the gamecube is 480p on composite.With componentI believe that it's 720
, but I've never used component. It's something to ask Ashen about.

And yes it is going to worth doing, for better quality, if you have the money,time,& have a screen wiht component and progressive scanning(as it say here, on Nintendo's GC Page.)

Crazy Inventor said:
Prandy said:
What is the highest image quality for a GC? I was going to try and use component
Thanks
Prandy
The resolution of the gamecube is 480p on composite.With componentI believe that it's 720

And yes it is going to worth doing, for better quality, if you have the money,time,& have a screen wiht component and progressive scanning(as it say here, on Nintendo's GC Page.)

Nope it's 480i on composite and 480p on component.

The Gamecube was not a HD device.

Thanks for the info guys you've completely sold it to me :) looking at screens to support VGA in I've found some called "good display" that I believe Ashen used in his latest portable. I do have one last question though.
Being in the UK I've read that rgb is native to PAL gamecubes. Does this mean I still need to do the VGA cable hack or do I just wire the rgb and sync cables up direct from the port? I will most likely be PMing Ashen over this soon.

Thanks
Prandy

After some reading up it looks like PAL GC's don't support VGA out. I guess for this GC I will be using simple composite :( For the next one however I might try and use an NTSC Cube and do the VGA mod.
Here's a question: If I did NTSC cube to VGA that would work anywhere right? I mean VGA is universal and should work on any VGA accepting TV/PC/screen right?

hailrazer said:
Crazy Inventor said:
Prandy said:
Thanks
Prandy

Nope it's 480i on composite and 480p on component.

The Gamecube was not a HD device.
Learn something new everyday I guess.

Prandy said:
After some reading up it looks like PAL GC's don't support VGA out. I guess for this GC I will be using simple composite :( For the next one however I might try and use an NTSC Cube and do the VGA mod.
Here's a question: If I did NTSC cube to VGA that would work anywhere right? I mean VGA is universal and should work on any VGA accepting TV/PC/screen right?
I didn't know that any GC could support VGA. I do know there's monitor driver boards with composite input on ebay. They're pretty cheap too.

Back