Jobs

grossaffe said:
samjc3 said:
i guess that makes me the only teen here with a steady job. im not sure wether to feel bad about it, or to be happy, because i have money to buy parts for portable goodiness. :p
Yeah, but I'm funemployed. enjoy your day of toil and labor.
but......but.......$58.24 per day all summer. all for me. beat that, mr. fun. :twisted: :mrgreen:

samjc3 said:
grossaffe said:
samjc3 said:
i guess that makes me the only teen here with a steady job. im not sure wether to feel bad about it, or to be happy, because i have money to buy parts for portable goodiness. :p
Yeah, but I'm funemployed. enjoy your day of toil and labor.
but......but.......$58.24 per day all summer. all for me. beat that, mr. fun. :twisted: :mrgreen:
$58.24? bah, that's nothing. I was making $96 a day when I worked. It funded me enough so that I can enjoy my current funemployment.

jleemero said:

I do IT work for a local construction company.
Whenever their IT screws up, I get to fix it.
And I get paid what he does.

That's $95/hr.
What I wouldn't give for them to just HIRE ME instead of having me come in to clean up after their IT...

jleemero said:
jleemero said:

That's $95/hr.
What I wouldn't give for them to just HIRE ME instead of having me come in to clean up after their IT...
yeah, that is nice, but you aren't guaranteed work with that situation. I get $100 or so when I feed my neighbor's cat (which is hardly work at all) while they're out of town.

That's not to say you don't have a good situation, but how long, exactly does it take you to accumulate $1000?

grossaffe said:
jleemero said:
jleemero said:

That's $95/hr.
yeah, that is nice, but you aren't guaranteed work with that situation. I get $100 or so when I feed my neighbor's cat (which is hardly work at all) while they're out of town.

That's not to say you don't have a good situation, but how long, exactly does it take you to accumulate $1000?

Sheer luck.
I can do that in a single day if it's a good day.
I might not make that in a year (from this).

jleemero said:
grossaffe said:
jleemero said:
jleemero said:

That's $95/hr.

Sheer luck.
I can do that in a single day if it's a good day.
I might not make that in a year (from this).
exactly. Its great to get paid high for your efforts, but there's also something to be said of a steady paycheck.

Then again, I'm enjoying my funemployment, I certainly wouldn't mind a gig where I would get a call and make $95/hr and then go back to bumming around.

bacteria said:
your sort of age (16), I worked at a local pub sweeping and clearing the car park after wedding functions, etc;

To think, that nowadays, we're not allowed to go inside of the majority of places that serve alcohol, much less work in one, if we're under 21.
Yet you can get full-on (female) nudity in a PG Movie.

jleemero said:
bacteria said:
your sort of age (16), I worked at a local pub sweeping and clearing the car park after wedding functions, etc;

To think, that nowadays, we're not allowed to go inside of the majority of places that serve alcohol, much less work in one, if we're under 21.

The drinking age is lower in the UK. (18, methinks.) Anybody under 21 can go into a bar in the US, they just can't drink and if they're under 16, they have to be gone by 10pm.

jleemero said:
bacteria said:

:eek: OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG link nao. And just because you aren't eighteen doesn't mean that they won't let you in ;)

eurddrue said:
jleemero said:
bacteria said:

:eek: OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG link nao. And just because you aren't eighteen doesn't mean that they won't let you in ;)

link

Basement_Modder said:
jleemero said:
bacteria said:

The drinking age is lower in the UK. (18, methinks.) Anybody under 21 can go into a bar in the US, they just can't drink and if they're under 16, they have to be gone by 10pm.
'Tis my point yeah.

Now I don't want to imply that the drinking age should be lower or anything like that.
I don't want anyone getting that idea.

jleemero said:
Basement_Modder said:
jleemero said:
bacteria said:

'Tis my point yeah.

Now I don't want to imply that the drinking age should be lower or anything like that.

Why not? At 21, the United states has the highest drinking age in the world. One other country is at 20, then the rest are 18 or lower. Some of the lowest countries also have the fewest alcohol-related deaths. That is saying something.

I'm a camp counsler, its only a summer job but it is good enough for a kid my age (16)

I got laid off 2 weeks ago :cry:

worked for my Uni's IT department fixing computers in halls. Only paid £30 a week but that was regardless of hours. Ended up getting money for nothing after I disconnected my phone :lol:

i drive a van delivering fruit and veg to schools and hotels its ok pays a bit more than min wage and i finish at 12.00 pm.and build pc for people in my spair time.my 1st job when i was 15 only paid £1.25 hour it was in a fruit and veg shop.

I'm too young to have a job. I do get money for cutting and stacking wood. (not to mention erecting wood hahaha just kidding)

My first real job was doing yardwork for my parents last summer, which earned me my PS3. Currently, though, I'm unemployed. However, once I get my driver's license and thus acquire the power of self-transportation, I hope to get a job at a local game store called Game Force. Shouldn't be hard to do - I show up there on a regular basis and I know everyone there, including the manager, reasonably well. Even if I only made minimum wage and maybe got an employee discount, I'd be happy because not only would I be doing something I love, I'd at least have a good source of spending money and enough to keep my car (when I get one) on the road.

jleemero said:
Basement_Modder said:
jleemero said:
bacteria said:

'Tis my point yeah.

I'd be happy to be the one to say the drinking age should be lowered. If you're old enough to vote, old enough to be in control of your own finances, and old enough to die for your country, you should be old enough to have a Dang beer.

grossaffe said:
jleemero said:
Basement_Modder said:
jleemero said:
bacteria said:

'Tis my point yeah.

I'd be happy to be the one to say the drinking age should be lowered. If you're old enough to vote, old enough to be in control of your own finances, and old enough to die for your country, you should be old enough to have a Dang beer.
Amen!
cheers.gif

Back