It's about time I made a thread here: Thread of int.bat. CBG

Jewjo

I finally did it. Nicccccccccce!
(This is also my front-lit CGB, hence the green and purple wire+resistor)
Photoon2010-02-03at15413.jpg

Photoon2010-02-03at15415.jpg

Photoon2010-02-03at1545.jpg

The third picture shows a gap between the two case-halves that I can't figure out how to close. The bottom screws normally do that job, but I dremel'd away the screw wells. Oh well. I literally just finished this and took the pictures. I haven't played it and don't know what the battery life is, but it doesn't matter to me since I'll never have to deal with AAs again. Also, I don't know if it will work while charging, so if anyone can guarantee that it won't fry anything, I'll test it out.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

XCVG said:
That's pretty cool. You say it's frontlit too?
Aye, that I did. If you're wondering why the back half was purple and is now green it's because my brother didn't want me cutting up his purple shell (like he really cares what happens to his CGB). Too bad I find the purple to be much easier on the eyes. :p

Looks good; doesn't look weird at all with the purple battery cover for some reason.

Vid of it working?

Adding to the handhelds megasticky.

robm said:
Looks good; doesn't look weird at all with the purple battery cover for some reason.

Vid of it working?

Adding to the handhelds megasticky.
I don't have a video camera, but I can take a picture.
Photoon2010-02-04at1724.jpg

EDIT: So far it's been on for 7.5 hours and the LED is still blindingly bright (I literally just took that picture). AAs generally lasted about 10 hours. Nice!
EDIT2: I just left for about 10 minutes and when I had returned, the CGB was off. Oh well, ~8 hours is still good.

Back