Ishmael's Spray Paint Video Tutorial

Ishwhale

So you guys asked for it, I delivered. The project drug out so long that when I finally decided to finish the gameboy up, I forgot to have the camera rolling. So there is a gap and in the last clip you can tell it's been a long time based on the length of my hair and facial pubes. I hope I covered all the bases and hope you guys enjoy it. Don't complain about the music, it's my personal taste and if you don't wanna listen to it, mute it. Let me know what you guys think!

Thanks for the tutorial, Ish. Sticky stencils is definitely the way to go!

What color back light is going into that one?

No problem Zet. Cyan, cause it's a light blue so it'll match the shades around the screen.

Jesus *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing christ.

You could make such a killer doing this on current-gen consoles too, cuz thats what the noobs want painted.

Noobs with money.

Basement_Modder said:
Jesus *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing christ.

You could make such a killer doing this on current-gen consoles too, cuz thats what the noobs want painted.

Noobs with money.
Sorta like someone's not so good DSi XL project... But :awesomeish: instead of :palmer:fail.

No offence, Mr. Administrator sir.

Excellent tutorial, Ish, but me being me I still have a couple questions. :p

1. Might you know the name or brand of the tracing stencil paper? I'm having trouble finding some online.
2. You didn't mention a clear coat in your video; does that mean that even without a protective clear coat, Montana Gold will not chip through repeated use and everyday wear and tear?

Thanks again for the tutorial video, Ish, and keep the amazing gameboys coming. :)

Jewjo, I don't recall the brand as I haven't been out to get some for a while cause I have an excess. Next time I go out to get some I will let you know.
Montana Makes a matte finish clearcoat and a gloss clearcoat. It's recommended to use them. I use gloss on every gameboy I make.

Ishmael1010 said:
Jewjo, I don't recall the brand as I haven't been out to get some for a while cause I have an excess. Next time I go out to get some I will let you know.
Montana Makes a matte finish clearcoat and a gloss clearcoat. It's recommended to use them. I use gloss on every gameboy I make.
Good to know, thanks. :)

Back