Ishmael's Snesp Worklog

I got flax done today!
I had a sudden urge to work on it.
I decided that having a functional cart slot was not doable with the stuff i need to put in here. So i completely wiped everything out of the back shell. As you can see below.
kd8zdh.jpg

I also decided to make a screen protector.....OUT OF GLASS. Palmer suggested this, but I insisted on plexi. Today I decided to just do glass. I got out the glass cutting tools and cut the rough shape. I then took it out to the belt sander and rounded all the edges nicely. I placed it in my widened divet to find that it stuck out too far, and someone might cut their finger on it. So i beveled the edges and let my dad feel the edges after. His response? "It feels like a woman's ass." Good enough for me ::3: Here's a picture, though it might be hard to see, it IS glass after all.
2jcg7y0.jpg

:D YUS! I was just thinking about asking you for progress on this, Ish.

Are you going to be bondoing in a gameboy game case still?

I will be putting a gameboy game case in it still. It just won't be removable. HOWEVER, toast showed me a CF to SD converter. This will make relocating it a lot less stressful cause I'll be relocating a $15 piece of flax rather than a $155 piece of amazingness. Thinking about have a small slot in the top of the gameboy game for that SD card to slide right in.

Will SD be fast enough? A converter might have issues, but it depends on how the PowerPak works.

Yeah he's going to test it all before he takes stuff apart and solders and whatnot. SD should be fast enough. I've run ROMs off an SD in an emulator before without problems.

Yo Ish. Buy a bunch of low storage CF cards and put one different ROM in each, then case them individually in GB game cases. Then make a label for each of them. Completely unnecessary and lots of work. :D

Back