Is there a franken-casing guide out there

NNSS

I want to chop up a wii-U gamepad case and put parts of a gamecube controller, and different holes etc, but I don't know how to do it and what tools I'll need. For example, what is used for sticking the plastic together, what dremel drill bit is best for cutting thing plastic precisely, how long do I wait for the case to harden, etc. If anyone could link me to a guide, that'd be great.

Have you read the casing mega sticky? viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1217

Ashens Gamecube fusion v4 worklog shows a non frankencasing method that give ashen-grade cases. viewtopic.php?f=36&t=11876&start=10#p150206

Abs cement is often used to hold it together. It's made of acetone and abs plastics and melts the plastics of the case and controller parts together. A rotary cutting wheel to cut the plastics and then file the last bit.

oh i didnt see the casing mega sticky, sorry. By the way, will that loctite method work as well as abs cement?

The loctite method is more for securing in tightly cut pieces, if you have bigger holes and gaps and need to fill in more, abs cement is better.

WatsuG said:
The loctite method is more for securing in tightly cut pieces, if you have bigger holes and gaps and need to fill in more, abs cement is better.

This.

Approximately how many mm will the gap have to be to require abs over loctite? If I had two pieces of plastic wedged together but had some 0.1-1mm holes every now and then would I be fine?

Back