Is my gpu dead?

i booted up my computer for the first time in about a week and when i turned it on everything went totally fine until my monitor said no signal. I checked all connections and everything is fine. removed the ram hd and gpu, cleaned it and put them back in. i even used a different moniter and i got the sam results so i know my pc is the problem. I came to the conclusion that my gpu is dead but power is still going to it beacuse the fan is spinning.

Are you running a card or an onboard GPU? If it's a card, plugging into the onboard would help to confirm the issue. If it's an onboard, it's hard to say. I assume it provides no signal the whole time power is applied? Or does it lose signal somewhere in startup?

Do the gpu fans go on full blast or something weird like that when it first gets power?

Did you use the same cable when you tried the other monitor? Is there another output on the card that you can try?

Also, are you sure that it's not another part of the computer? Not outputting video could be pretty much anything.

Back