In the book...

pLover

Apparently plover is a type of bird.
...Whenever it says "standard wire", will a one-strand ribbon cable work? I think this was already answered, but I just want to be sure.

Depends. It's been proven that ribbon cable sometimes doesn't carry enough current for power applications. But for most other things, it's fine.

Also, the book has several errors and is out of date, but most of it is still good.

Plover, you have just won an award for the most amount of excellent questions on MR/BH. I mean, my God. Do you need us to hold your hand through anything? stop asking awesome questions and start reading up. Oh, and how about ONE thread where you ask ALL current questions you have. I have lost track of how many unneeded threads you have posted.

themadhacker said:
Plover, you have just won an award for the most amount of excellent questions on MR/BH. I mean, my God. Do you need us to hold your hand through everything? stop asking retarded questions and start reading up. Oh, and how about ONE thread where you ask ALL current questions you have. I have lost track of how many unneeded threads you have posted.

+1

I remember how it took like 3 pages of discussion for him to bypass a power switch. That really pissed me off a lot, it should have been the most blatently obvious thing to do.

XCVG said:
themadhacker said:
Plover, you have just won an award for the most amount of excellent questions on MR/BH. I mean, my God. Do you need us to hold your hand through everything? stop asking retarded questions and start reading up. Oh, and how about ONE thread where you ask ALL current questions you have. I have lost track of how many unneeded threads you have posted.

+1

I remember how it took like 3 pages of discussion for him to bypass a power switch. That really pissed me off a lot, it should have been the most blatently obvious thing to do.

+2

I mean, I'm appreciative of the fact that noobs need help, but when we have to tell them the same answer about five times before they finally acknowledge it, and then they go to Benheck asking the same question saying we "all gave him different answers" it pisses me off.

I know you need help with this plover, but why not m,ake just one thread to house all your questions? We've already answered this question for you several times, now quit asking.

One strand of THIS is not referred to as ribbon cable. That would just make it a wire, since IDE cables are just many wires melted together neatly. It's called an IDE Ribbon, but it consists of regular cables.

ide_133_cable.jpg

Ribbon cables, specifically, are often orange, and are typically very flimsy. They are one long, flat cable, with traces printed on it:

Midify-SP-Unlatch-Ribbon-Cable.jpg

We clear now?

Back