IceCube gamecube mod worklog (last updated 6/13/11)

6/6/11
Here is my first modding project, the IceCube.
I just hope I can get it to work...

I got a gamecube for $30 at gamestop and so far, the shell is off. I have a bunch of close ups of it.

I unscrewed it with the pen trick

DSCN4776.JPG
port.jpg
DSCN4784.JPG
DSCN4806.JPG
DSCN4807.JPG
DSCN4808.JPG

I came up with a basic design for the IceCube, I'm sure that the stuff isn't up to scale, but it shows the general idea.
(click to enlarge)

I just bought a ps1 screen on ebay for 36 bucks, here is a link for any others that are interested, they said they had at least ten in stock.

6/13/11
The screen has arrived, and wow, it is nice looking, wonderful case on it, I almost feel bad about taking it apart, and ruining all that wonderful craftsmanship... Okay, it wasn't THAT good, but it is nice. and... it is out of the case. I'll have to hook it up to test it, the gamecube doesn't support that kind of video and audio out, thank goodness for the great people on modretro, making guides and all that stuff.
some pics right here...
small%252520speak.jpg
buttons%252520ps1.jpg
ps1s%252520board.jpg
ps1s%252520trans.jpg
ps1s%252520high%252520voltage.jpg
ps1s%252520av.jpg
ps1s%252520screen%252520side.jpg

Re: IceCube gamecube mod worklog

I agree with Beta. I would almost want to print them as posters and put them on my walls or something.

Delicious pixels, quite, but arranged in a subtle way that's simply stunning, indubitably, mm, quite, yes.

it sure is funny how they are of no use to us since they don't show anything new, but i sur can't stop staring at them, that's beautiful man, the colors are great also

wow those look great.

i want those on my wall

I like how your going to have controller ports, a lot of portables I see don't. :lol:

Re: IceCube gamecube mod worklog (last updated 6/6/11)

kibbler652 said:
Vansman said:
yall are weeners
Huh?

I think he meant that we are weiners, as in penis's. Though he spelled it wrong and didn't specify for what exactly that we are weiners. Fail all around if you ask me.

Re: IceCube gamecube mod worklog (last updated 6/6/11)

Ashen said:
kibbler652 said:
Vansman said:
yall are weeners
Huh?

I think he meant that we are weiners, as in penis's. Though he spelled it wrong and didn't specify for what exactly that we are weiners. Fail all around if you ask me.
He may have been making a failed attempt at calling us winners, which would be nicer and would make more sense.

Back