I need some info. (rev 9)

Mosquito

Newb
So today I opened up my n64 board and, oh great it's rev 9. So now if the 3.3v is not a steady exact 3.3 it will fry? Would two 7.4v lithium batteries with a 1.8k ohm resistor, and 16v capacitor work? Because that's what I have. Also, anything else I should know about rev9? I was thinking it was gonna be a rev 3 or 5 like everyone else so I don't really know much about rev 9. Anything different from rev 3 or 5 that I will have to change while wiring it up to a Psone screen and batteries? Can I still follow Bacteria's video guide and wiring diagram?

Those resistors and that cap are fine. That is, as long as its a 100µf 16v electrolytic capacitor.

You can use a 2k Ω resistor, giving you 3.25-is volts on a REV. 9. I have gotten a REV. 9 down to 3.17v, but it varies. Under-volting can't hurt, though.

And, yes, you still wire a REV. 9 the same, and you can use crackhead bacteria's guide with it. Just be careful with it, as the big N put lots of flaxty parts in those. The TriSixtyFource was made with a REV. 9.

The rev. 9 is mine and ShockSlayer's favorite board. Don't let people tell you there is something wrong with it.

Well, as stupid as I am, I was going to relocate the cart slot today and I (being stupid) took the game cart slot off and it fell on the floor and turned and now I don't know which way it was supposed to be facing. Does it matter? Probably. So the gamecart has to be relocated while in the exact same position as it was in the board right? I can't be turned around then relocated? (I don't think so...) So does anyone know which was it's supposed to be facing? On one side it has a down arrow and numbers like this: ▽03428 If that helps....the other side it blank.

EDIT: I just put a game cart inside it and now I know. (The arrow and numbers go in the back not facing the game ports)

It does too matter. The gap in the pins is offset by two. Does it even go in backwards?

wait is this rev 9 exclusive because my cart goes in both ways and wow I never realized that I've always done it the correct way so I've never learned from a mistake lol

Well, you can put the cartridge in backwards, but you cannot put the cartridge slot in backwards.

Well, you plug in a cart backward and you tell me what happens. :p

But yeah, I was confused because the earlier posts were talking about slot to mobo, not cart to slot.

SS

βeta said:
The rev. 9 is mine and ShockSlayer's favorite board. Don't let people tell you there is something wrong with it.
What is the reason for this? Does it have a better layout or something? All I've ever used are Rev4s & 5s

Because it uses less components overall, you can trim it smaller. For extreme trimming, there are less things to relocate.

This is true, but rev. 3 and 4 boards are more resilient, so they often handle the relocating and trimming better.

*Can'tSayThisOnTV*.
My.
Life.

I relocated it backwards. I relocated it from the arrows and numbers facing away from the controller ports. And yes, you can put the game cartridge in backwards and forwards.

*shoots self*
T8smy.jpg

CZksL.jpg

I'm not relocating this all over again... I guess I'm just gonna sell all the parts.. Who wants parts for the N64p..?

EDIT: I've heard of cart slot relocations as commissions, how much would this cost?

Back