I Need Help - First Wii/GameCube Portable

Hey guys I'm going to give a brief over view of my plans and then ask some questions after.

I need some help on my first portable project. I am planning on using the wii motherboard as my base. I want to softmod it so that it will run GameCube games / n64 / Snes games then use the GameCube controller as the main input device. I have softmodded before and have no issues with that part of it.

My first of many questions to come.

- Is there a definitive guide somewhere for cutting down the size of the Wii motherboard. I have seen some threads on here of people having issues with the slimming down but none that are very helpful. I am more looking for a guide like Ashen has in this thread. http://forums.modretro.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=6476

- Also big question on the best case to use or how to even start to come up with a case? I like the idea of the GC-Lynx but again i have don't know where to start on this subject.

- Oh and I promise last question for now what is the best/cheapest screens to use i have looked into a bunch but haven't found any for under $60 or so. Am I crazy for asking for a screen that has low cost? I am thinking of maybe using a digital photo frame display? Would that even work?

Any way thanks for taking the time to read this thread as well as any advice you can give.

wii cutting just isn't done as much. people generally just trim the gold ground on the edge. blargman tried trimming it up but last I heard one of the voltage lines was connecting to ground somewhere and he hadnt tested it yet.

find a case you like or can fit it all into. or make your own case. the wii has a tall heatsink which is a pain. zn-40 and zn-45 cases are popular might be to small for a wii though. I was making a wii portable and I just used the original wii case, cut holes, bondo'd in a screen frame and GC controller face.

search ebay and amazon for tft screens they are cheap and quality isn't great but they are cheap and usable. I used 2 5" screens one had good quality the other had interference issues both were $20. more recently I got a 7" from amazon for 25-30$ its pretty nice I'm working on the interference issue with it but that is my fault, using the original setup it looked good.

Back