I need a suggestion/help on a concealable electrical weapon

D.J

The Official Ghost/Reaper of ModRetro
I want to defend myself when the time comes because I am very weak and too lazy and to learn martial arts so, I want to make a kind of small electrical weapon of some sort to defend myself, I've had alot of ideas (some being ranged) that I'm sure wouldn't work and I know someone on here has built one, so some suggestion and a little bit of help would be appreicated.

And no I will not buy a taser because, come on where's the fun in that!

The simplest method is to rip apart a disposable camera and rewire two prongs out of it. It won't be very powerful, though, and won't have the effects of an actual taser. If you bank several capacitors together you can get a lot of power, but again it will not have the debilitating effect of an actual taser. I believe an actual taser or stun gun uses extremely high voltages and very possibly some sort of specially-shaped or high-frequency wave. Sadly, it used to be possibly to find schematics on how to build a real stun gun or taser on the internet, but now searching it only gets results for camera-flash ghetto types.

On a related note, it's probably more effective just to make friends with a big guy.

Yeah, ghetto rig electrical weapons are fun, but will not do anything other than piss off the other person. Defense with them is a bad idea.

I have a stun gun I built last month from some schematics that is supposed to be 900,000 volts (The ones that are cheap and claim to be "LOL MILLIONS OF VOLTS!" are BS. Police Grade stun guns start out at 500,000 volts, and this thing really does pack a punch. :p Think you might be interested?

Palmertech: Covers Every side of electronics. Every single one. Including the side that is still hidden... Lightsabers!

lol

I do so many little projects that do not get posted, mainly because I am too lazy. XD I was on Benheck forums for more than a year before I got around to posting my two year old stun gun, coil gun, and stun gloves. :p

I do not have a lightsaber, but I do have lasers.

And yes, JD, of course I tried it on myself. How else would I know it works well? ;)

Some of them. The best ones are my 270mw red, my 125mw violet, and my 170mw IR lasers. They all burn, and are all home built. No buying flaxty, overpriced lasers for me! :p

If you want a good weapon instead of a stun gun...get a 9 volt battery (you can get it at walmart)....and when an assailant tries to attack you ...Chop him in the neck...pull out his tongue and shock him wit the 9v.....EASY AS F***N PIE!!...LMAO!

The Question said:
How much did they cost to build?

The red one cost about $50-60, the violet laser cost about $80, and the IR laser was about $20 (I had most of the parts lying around for that one).

I made a thread a while back about fitting the red one into a watch. I have all the circuitry, but I need a cheap, metal watch.

Palmer, Stun gloves?

and it was you I was thinking off, didn't you shock yourself pretty badly last year?

Well, it's either this or building the hidden blade from Assassin's Creed (I'm not joking, I'm almost done with the blueprints).

EDIT: Actually a laser watch sounds fun as Heck, I could be James Bond. Plus I have like 4 watches lying around somewhere, if I can find 2 Palmer, you want one for free?

Yes, now I can send Ubisoft a letter saying "Hey, I used your drawings of the hidden blade in the AC2 Art book to make a fully working lethal weapon. You should think ahead next time." :mrgreen: . No the idea is if I do make them is to make two, one for me to keep because it is awesome and then sell one (It would probably go for way over a grand but it would cost almost as much to make) or try for a joint giveaway/auction with Ubisoft or a game retailer.

EDIT: Thank you for the title change

It might be beyond my skill, I'm new to forgery. But I'm not new to making awesome things that work. I wanna see your drawings.

When you break down the hidden blade it's pretty much this

A long rectangle on the bottom, three rectangles that fold into each other with the one that goes in last being the actual blade, I was joking about the commision part somewhat, but I might not be now.

If I do get them working, I'm wearing them to ComiCon.

DJ711 said:
Palmer, Stun gloves?

and it was you I was thinking off, didn't you shock yourself pretty badly last year?

Well, it's either this or building the hidden blade from Assassin's Creed (I'm not joking, I'm almost done with the blueprints).

EDIT: Actually a laser watch sounds fun as Heck, I could be James Bond. Plus I have like 4 watches lying around somewhere, if I can find 2 Palmer, you want one for free?

I shocked myself really bad messing around with an oil cooled flyback transformer I was using for a tesla coil a few years back. Left a scar on my wrist.

I can find the pics of my stun gloves, they are around on the tubes somewhere. Basically, insulated gloves with two short, wide stainless steel springs on the knuckles, a charging circuit, and a capacitor bank. Charge it up, punch, BAM. If it had thumbtacks or something added to the terminals, you could punch through clothing, and leave nothing more than two small pinprick wounds. If I shorted it by punching a metal sheet, I got a massive shower of sparks, ala power rangers.

If you can get pics that would be nice, also I'm leaning towards the watch laser, any chance I could commision you to build me one if I sent you a watch?

Back