How would I install OSX on a PC?

Bush

sweet justice
I have heard this is possible, has anyone done it and can anyone tell me how? I read a few articles telling me to build a pc to certain specs, which is not something I want to do. I want to run it on PC's I already own. Thanks.

OSX86. Not going to link it just in case, but if you put that into Google it's the first thing that comes up.

If you do it, there are a few catches you should be aware of:

1. Driver support is iffy. There's a narrow list of desktop hardware and netbooks where everything actually works properly*.

2. System updates tend to break Hackintosh installs.

3. Technically installing OS X on non-Apple hardware breaks the terms of the EULA. (At least it did last time I checked.)

* (Kinda like Linux :trollface:)

Last I checked, recent updates made the whole process a lot easier, that is as long as you have an modernish Intel CPU. Able to run pretty well off the bat and updates working too. If you have an AMD CPU though, you need a modded kernel and the process is a bit harder, and I think you need to reinstall the kernal if you do an update. Don't quote me on it though, most of these more recent developments I only know about from reading/watching videos, the only time I messed around with OSX86 was for less than a month and that was an older version/method. Haven't bothered with it again first hand.

If you desire to install OSX on your Intel or AMD computer, your computer processor needs to prop up at least SSE2. You can check for SSE2 prop up from Windows with a program called CPU-Z. If you're by now on a mac use CPU-X. If you are using Linux, enter the subsequent in a terminal: cat /proc/cpuinfo
It is suggested that your computer supports SSE3 for application compatibility, speed and performance. Make sure to confirm which version of OSx86 you require for your processor.

too lazy to google it for you, but check out the wiki that shows supported hardware. its a huge deal breaker when you find out that your notebook wont be able to have wifi anymore.
however...
if your good with linux n stuff, you can convert win drivers or find other kext files

Back