How to properly power a system with Li-Po batteries

Im getting the smart charger from BattrySpace. We are still working on this, I think Me and Bentomo have some Ideas for this, also, im thinking this (like the ones that We are talking about with Ben ) should be in the Voltage Section.

Anyway, post your comments to the voltage section, Diagrams are nice too :Awesome:

A pcb protects the batteries from overdischarging and overcharging.

A smart charger charges the lithiums at the proper rate. Lithiums are supposed to be charged at a certain amount of current. If you exceed that you get a fire.

Like I said. With Lithiums you want a Pcb and a smart charger. Is a burned down house worth saving $20 ? :rolleyes:

snowpenguin said:
hailrazer said:
A smart charger charges the lithiums at the proper rate.

I am almost certain my pcb does this task as well.

Some Pcb's in like Dvd players and other portable devices do this.

But the Pcb's from BatterySpace don't. So you need a smart charger for them.

If you have batteries and a Pcb from a portable device then theoretically you can throw a huge amperage charger on it and still power the device.

snowpenguin said:
pLover said:
So then don't get a smart charger if you don't want to.

Why did you even bother posting this?
Because if your PCB doesn't require a Smart Charger, then don't get one, but that doesn't mean that all Smart Chargers are useless.

I never said they were.

Other people could easily benefit from hailrazer's most recent post in this thread.

And he wouldn't have said it otherwise.
Dummy.

<3

Well it just sounded to me like you were trying to say that there was no point to smart chargers.

It's not to save money, it's because I want to be able to play and charge at the same time without a huge charger. Dang, I saw somewhere a charging and protection circuit combo device.

Charged batteries cannot charge other batteries, if that's what you're asking.

You can play and charge at the same time if your charger amperage exceeds the amperage of your system and screen combined.

Back