How to make ABS cement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
themadhacker said:
it is very safe.

toxic fumes? no worse than the fumes you get from mighty putty.

Also, no worse than fumes from spray paint.

Okay, that's good to hear. You'd think solvent with plastic dissolved would give off insane fumes, but I guess not.

themadhacker said:
and how many times do I have to say this. YOU DON"T NEED GLOVES!.

It's really bad solvent strong enough to dissolve plastic. I'm not sticking my hands in that.

there are way worse thing you touch regularly then acetone.

It is no worse than pumping gas and having some gasoline spill on you hand.

Here, read this:
http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/tfacts21.html

Highlights:

"How can acetone affect my health?

If you are exposed to acetone, it goes into your blood which then carries it to all the organs in your body. If it is a small amount, the liver breaks it down to chemicals that are not harmful and uses these chemicals to make energy for normal body functions. Breathing moderate- to-high levels of acetone for short periods of time, however, can cause nose, throat, lung, and eye irritation; headaches; light-headedness; confusion; increased pulse rate; effects on blood; nausea; vomiting; unconsciousness and possibly coma; and shortening of the menstrual cycle in women.

Swallowing very high levels of acetone can result in unconsciousness and damage to the skin in your mouth. Skin contact can result in irritation and damage to your skin.

The smell and respiratory irritation or burning eyes that occur from moderate levels are excellent warning signs that can help you avoid breathing damaging levels of acetone.

Health effects from long-term exposures are known mostly from animal studies. Kidney, liver, and nerve damage, increased birth defects, and lowered ability to reproduce (males only) occurred in animals exposed long-term. It is not known if people would have these same effects."

bullcrap.

I have used ABS cement for ages now, and I have never had any of those affects. Besides, I use THINNER. that is DISTILLED acetone. Besides, I wash immedeayly after using it.

SO STOP BEING A GODDAMNED PUSSBAG AND QUIT BlTCHING ABOUTABS CEMENT.

themadhacker said:
bullcrap.

I have used ABS cement for ages now, and I have never had any of those affects. Besides, I use THINNER. that is DISTILLED acetone. Besides, I wash immedeayly after using it.

SO STOP BEING A GODDAMNED PUSSBAG AND QUIT BlTCHING ABOUTABS CEMENT.

:facepalm:

fine. That's it.

I will be requesting bacteria to remove this topic from the forums. I no longer wish it to be on the modretro site. Instead it will be posted in the case making section on Benheck. All you "Distasteful Homosexuals" obviously think that I have made a death recipie, when this is just stuff people use all the time, especially auto painters.

Nobody is saying this is a death recipe. It's just that it can be harmful if misused. I wasn't trying to provoke anything. I don't really care if you continue sticking your finger in it, but I'm not going to do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back