How to fix screen hole

Uly_

Hello modders, I've been working a bit on my portable Gamecube and finally suceed to wire the screen. I'm now getting a problem with my case, and as I'm not really experienced I would like to ask some newbie questions :

The case is just 1-2mm larger than the screen itself, is it OK to put it in portrait orientation, as shown in the image right here ?
8w8e.jpg

Also, the hole was cut too large, I was just excited and did it in a hurry. Is there a way to fix it ? I've read on the forums that you guys use Bondo, Epoxy, as well as ABS Cement to make your cases. But does it really stick to the case ?

Thanks you for your help, and sorry for my English, that's a bit difficult for me, as I'm French. :awesome:

If your screen is functioning correctly, then you should be able to connect a wire from the video pin on your gamecube motherboard to the video wire for the screen. If the image is upright, then you know it's good.
In case you cant connect that yet, for whatever reason, then just by looking at the picture it appears as though the screen is meant to run in that position, so I would say it's alright where it is.

Hem... I think I wasn't clear... I'm not trying to fix my screen, it just works fine.

What I'm trying to do is to fill the hole between the screen and the case, to make a smooth and clean case. I've tried to fill it with homemade ABS cement, it looks pretty good. I think I just have to sand it a bit to make it look a bit more finished. Thanks you for you help though !

Back