How to Apply liquid flux?

QuickSkop3

Alright, first of all, flux is layed down and then you solder ontop of it, and it sticks better right? Can I just apply it with a Q-tip?

I'm so used to 'flux' being a censor for 'flax' that when I wasn't logged in and saw the topic of this thread, I thought you were saying, "how to apply liquid flax." :lol:

Just spray it on the board. Or get paste flux and apply it with a q-tip.

Mine doesnt have a spray nozzle :(, just Q-tip it?

Also, it just helps solder stick right? Can it bridge Traces and wires?

If it's the paste-type apply with a Q-tip. And yeah, it helps prevent corrosion which helps the solder stick better. Just make sure you're not using the pipe flux :p

Hermaphroditus said:
If it's the paste-type apply with a Q-tip. And yeah, it helps prevent corrosion which helps the solder stick better. Just make sure you're not using the pipe flux :p

Why do you have awesome under your Online status? :dahroll:

QuickSkop3 said:
Hermaphroditus said:

It's my avatar...and 'cause I am. But not really.

Hermaphroditus said:
QuickSkop3 said:
Hermaphroditus said:

It's my avatar...and 'cause I am. But not really.

I THOUGHT SO!!!! but then I though it would be too small :p

Nah, I made it myself in Paint, then re-edited it in GIMP to have the background faded out. I used a screen shot of the forum, zoomed up the most Paint would allow, then matched each row with the correct colors and covered up Online, then edited text. Then did some layers stuff with GIMP.

Hermaphroditus said:
Nah, I made it myself in Paint, then re-edited it in GIMP to have the background faded out. I used a screen shot of the forum, zoomed up the most Paint would allow, then matched each row with the correct colors and covered up Online, then edited text. Then did some layers stuff with GIMP.

Ya, I know how you do it, Ive done it with other titles, just didnt think it was gonna be big enough for the forums :p

You still need flux for different things that you can't really use flux core solder for.

Helps for soldering wires to battery terminals, making very strong solder connections without using a ton of solder. (I.e.: relocating the jumper pak on the n64.

Wait, flux? Ohhhh, that's why my solder doesnt seem to want to stay on. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
Man, I feel stupid. Always research, always research! :wtf:

Basement_Modder said:
In most cases, flux isn't really needed given you are good at making joints.

So you can use it to glue a joint together too? That's great, because I have some extra flux and "rolling" never worked for me. :dahroll:

XCVG said:
Basement_Modder said:
In most cases, flux isn't really needed given you are good at making joints.

So you can use it to glue a joint together too? That's great, because I have some extra flux and "rolling" never worked for me. :dahroll:
I think I'll sig that. :p

Back