how much to buy a ps one portable

spazmoid

I was wondering how much a psone portable would roughly cost to buy/buid? I don't care if its just in a zn45 (in fact that would be preferable) and I do want a battery of semi decent capacity 5000-8000mah. Could anyone give me an estimated cost?

Re: how much to buy a phone portable

Have you considered a PSP or something else to emulate PS1 games? Might be a better option depending on what you want out of it (at least cheaper and smaller).

as vskid3 said you could buy as PSP if you just want to play the games but if you want to make a portable it could cost upward from $180. If you are making a PS1 fat portable you could follow my guide here. Or if you are making a PSOne portable then just search around the forums.
If you would like someone to make it for you it could cost a fair bit more. I cant tell you how much as I have never had one made for me.
If you have any more questions you can post another topic or even reply here. I can help with a lot of things PS1 related.

Firstly you'll need to decide if you want the PS1 fat(large gray console) or the PSOne (slim small white console) If you get the SCPH-9000 series of PS1 fat you'll most likely have a smaller portable than if you use the PSOne. However the PS1 fat uses two voltage's so you'll need to buy a switching voltage regulator like this one to get the 3.3v. You can get this for free as a sample.

I have the following.
A voltage regulator
A psone
A screen
A 9v 6900mah battery
A controller

I have the following on order from Amazon
A case
Buttons

So I should be able to begin work soon.

here is a good site for a guide or here.
Also why do you need the regulator?
What voltage is it?
Do you have a PSOne screen or an ebay TFT Backup screen?
Do you have speakers?
And if you want to know when you have to save your game you might want a low-battery indicator too.

The battery has a low power indicator,
I'm using a regulator because the battery is 9v because it was left over from my failed ps2 portable.
I'm just going to do headphones and the screen is an eBay screen.

Sorry but I'm wondering why you're bothering with the regulator as both the screen and the PSOne can handle voltages up to 12 volts.

But anyway, Good Luck.

Mawile said:
Sorry but I'm wondering why you're bothering with the regulator as both the screen and the PSOne can handle voltages up to 12 volts.

But anyway, Good Luck.
Are you sure the PSOne can take 12v? I'm not saying it can't, I just don't remember ever reading that it could take much more than 7.5v, but maybe that's because the PSOne LCD was the screen of choice and couldn't take 12v.

the PSOne screen can only take up to 8.5 volts at the most but the PSOne itself can handle anything up to 12 volts.

Hope all goes well with the portable and i can answer any questions you may have.(mostly.)

Back