How Do I duplicate my monitors?

Crazy Inventor

So I hooked up dual monitors to my new computer, and I have it set to extend onto my secondary monitor. I'll play games like CoD and Assassin's Creed on the thing, so I want to duplicate the screens with ease. I know how to do it, but what I want is when I open a certain program for it to duplicate the monitors, instead of extending them. Or use a hotkey to do. But is any of this even possible? Google has not been helpful...

Mako321 said:
Why would you want to duplicate your monitor?
Becuase when I'm not playing I have it set to extend the screens. But when I try to play a game the second montior doesn't work and I like the mirrored game look...... And because I'm a HUGE nerd. :mrgreen:

get (or make) a video splitter ( Y cable) and a video switch, the type for hooking 1 monitor to 2 computers,
then you can switch the 2nd monitor without any need for extra software.

Untitled2.jpg

Crazy Inventor said:
Mako321 said:
Why would you want to duplicate your monitor?
Becuase when I'm not playing I have it set to extend the screens. But when I try to play a game the second montior doesn't work and I like the mirrored game look...... And because I'm a HUGE nerd. :mrgreen:
That's stupid, though.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough. What I'm looking for is a hot key to use to switch the modes between extension and mirroring. When I use the program it takes too long for it to refresh the screens.

you can get a monitor switch with remote or key stroke switching, there is no program at all, it instantly switches the 2nd monitor to do what the first one is doing(if setup like my diagram), wich is also stoping the signale from the 2nd video output from reaching anything which will normally switch the computer into single monitor mode, making it act like a single signale that is being split between 2 screens, try disconnecting the 2nd monitor from the card and you'll see what I mean. If your not getting the answers you want, you might be asking the rong people. try a site dedicated to computer programs.

Crazy Inventor said:
When I use the program it takes too long for it to refresh the screens.
I don't know about you, but it takes me maybe 10 seconds to go to the desktop, right click, screen resolution, check the box to change from extended to mirrored, and click apply.
I would check your graphics card settings to see if there is a way to set up a hotkey with it or if there is something interfering with the Windows hotkey.

Back