HMDX speaker amp review, awesome amp.

pkmnjunky7

I was at Kohls the other day and saw this amp for $10.00, so I decided to pick one up and check it out.

homedics-speakers-770121.jpg

Features:
Stereo Sound
Runs on 5v
Built in volume control
Relatively small PCB
All traces are labeled pretty obviously, so even if you suck at tracing and figuring things out on your own, you should still be able to use this amp without much trouble.

I can take some pictures later today, the PCB is about 1" by 2" at the largest. I took out the larger speakers that it came with and replaced them with some left over PSone screen speakers. This thing can get realllllyyyy loud before you get distortion, and best of all It was only 10 bucks!!!

You can buy it here if you can't find one at a store locally.

EDIT:
Internal picture as promised.

100_2619.jpg

As you can see the PCB is about 2 1/4" inches long, and 3/4" wide, with a large curved section cut out. It looks like it would be possible to fold the board if you needed more room...

I've seen a similar one before, but no volume control. This should be in Voltage or Random Electronic Questions, perhaps General Modding Info. Anything but a specific console forum.

Yeah, I couldn't figure out where I should post it, so I figured it would get noticed by someone who could move it to the proper forum if I posted it here.

Back