Help with wiikeyFusion on NGC-revC-pal

Arcade-TV

Hey Guys, I'm Alex. I'm usually hangin´ out on arcade-related boards but I found that modding retro-consoles is indeed a lot of fun.

I've got a wiikeyFusion and a pal DOL-101 rev C Gamecube that i'd like to marry... Nothing special... just getting rid of the DVD-drive and place the cardreader somewhere inside the lid to access the sd-reader in the same way as placing a disc inside.

I was trying to figure out how these two go together but I gotta ask for some help here. I do have basic soldering skills, infact I only suck at desoldering, so I decided to destroy the drive-pcb and get ahold of the drive-connector and make this adapter from it:
20120920_201512.jpg

That's where I'm stuck, because I can't seem to figure out how the leads end up on the mobo.
There're two rows with pins on the connector and well-documented 4 rows on the mobo.
Can anybody point me into the right direction by maybe numbering the inputs on the drive connector or something to help me understand where I need to solder my wires on the fcc-adapter, that would be very much appreciated!

20120920_202736.jpg

Since I'm doing this on a rev C, I can't find anything like the Power Regulator to Motherboard input, so I'd also need some help to find a spot where to draw the wiikeyFusion-voltages from.

Here're some additional pictures of the mobo:
20120920_201911.jpg

20120920_201848.jpg

20120920_201715.jpg

20120920_201618.jpg

Here's the link to my Picasa-Album in case anyone needs higher res pics:
https://picasaweb.google.com/115948...FusionOnNGCRevCPal?authuser=0&feat=directlink
Thanks guys, any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks, but believe me, I've studied that picture for the last two weeks...
I'll prepare a graphic and rephrase my question.
I'll be back in a hurry, thanks.

Please see this mockup of my setup:
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-...AAAAAAAABo0/8saSPxIgERo/I/wiikey_question.jpg

Let's ignore the numbering on Ashen's sheet and see it from my perspective while looking at my setup:
Which red number connects to which green number?

See, the problem I'm having is that I got a different FFC adapter and I'd love to know the wiring from the wiikey to the drive-connector.

I'd be so happy if anybody would take the time to answer this.
Thanks again!

This is the best I can do to help ya:

20120920_202736_zps493f7105.jpg

IMG_0557_zpsb811baa8.jpg

Additionally on your FFC adapter:
Pin 32 needs 3.3v you'll need to take this from somewhere else on the motherboard as the DD connector only puts out 5v
Pin 29 on your FFC adapter needs to go to a normally closed switch that connects to ground.
Pin 23 needs to hook up to the gc's lidswitch, its just a passthru, so 23 from your ffc -> lidswitch, 23 from DD connector -> lidswitch.
Pins 31 and 30 on your FFC adapter are left unconnected.
all other pins besides what I've mentioned above on your FFC connector are ground.

Hope this helps.

Back