Help with Charging

Ampersand

Lightbulbs are awesome!
My battery setup.

(Please ignore the mirrored-ness, webcam's fault.)

Each cell is 3.7v and 2500mAh, my setup giving 7.4v and 5000mAh (as far as I know). I need help with charging it. The cells have protection circuitry built in, so that's not a problem.

Any help?

I was actually looking at that charger, but I'm not sure where I could attach the clamps in my setup. I know nothing about batteries :gonk:

Ampersand said:
I was actually looking at that charger, but I'm not sure where I could attach the clamps in my setup. I know nothing about batteries :gonk:

Just buy two - 2 aa battery holders , and wire them together and then solder the charger to them.

Ampersand said:
These are not AA.

oops sorry they looked like aa. lol

Well you could rough them up a bit with sandpaper, tin them and then QUICKLY solder to them.

I have no problem doing this but it really isn't recommended :)

I'm sure I can rig something up. So I would just put it directly in my portable?.. Because in case I wasn't clear, I was looking for a way to charge them while they're in the portable.

Yea you put them in the portable and wire them to a charging jack.

pRS1C-2264644t98.jpg

Then drill a hole and put the jack in the portable.

Buy the male end to match the charging jack and cut the clamps off the charger and wire it to the male jack.

pRS1C-2266174t98.jpg

Then just plug it all in when you want to charge.

Okay, I get that, but I have a closed circuit in my portable, where does the charger port come in? Like as an offbranch? Or in the circuit?

[edit]
Like in terms of the drawing I posted, where does the port attach? To which wires, or which batteries, or what?
[/edit]

You would attach the positive wire on the charging jack to the far left positive in your pic and the negative wire on the charging jack to the far right negative in your pic.

Okay, I figured it was that simple, I didn't want to just start attaching stuff and make it short though.

I'll draw up a pic later to make sure I understand.

Ampersand said:
So there's no way I could use something like thisinside it, even if I tear it apart?

That one charges each cell individually , 3.7v each. So since you have your hooked up together at 7.4v it wouldn't really work.

Back