Help Please

GamecubePerson111

Has anyone successfully made a charger port for the 3.7v lipo cells off batteryspace while being able to use the smart chrger? And if so how? Thanks

use a standard charge jack. cut the original tip off the charge jack. replace it with the male for the ports. dead simple.

a standard charge jack would be any normal CP+ DC barrel jack. (not that evil unsafe monstrosity the batteryspace chargers ship with.)

you can salvage them off dead boards and wall adaptors, or you can buy em from digikey, sparkfun, mouser, etc.

so the problem i have is finding which pins are positive and negative on the charger port so i can correctly charge the batteries.
i have a dc panel mount jack, im just not sure how to connect it to the batteries.

So is the left or right negative? Also I've tried soldering to the little positive and negative pads for the batteries and the solder is not sticking to the pads, what should I do?

Uhh, if you get a size M charger port at Radio Shack, it fits on the end of the Smart Charger without cutting anything :confused:

Jidan said:
Uhh, if you get a size M charger port at Radio Shack, it fits on the end of the Smart Charger without cutting anything :confused:
yes but those are dangerous as flux. replace em.

samjc3 said:
Jidan said:
yes but those are dangerous as flux. replace em.

How? As long as you're not an idiot that's just poking the positive wire to the outside shell, you're fine as far as I can tell.

^honest question; not being facetious lol^

the plugs on all my smart chargers weren't barrel jacks. they are two exposed pins. like a wall plug, but with power while they are exposed. touch em to metal and it shorts. bad idea. unsafe.

samjc3 said:
the plugs on all my smart chargers weren't barrel jacks. they are two exposed pins. like a wall plug, but with power while they are exposed. touch em to metal and it shorts. bad idea. unsafe.

They are two exposed pins, but if you are careful with it and protect it adequately it works just fine :)

Jidan said:
samjc3 said:

They are two exposed pins, but if you are careful with it and protect it adequately it works just fine :)
yeah, but when you sell it....

samjc3 said:
Jidan said:
samjc3 said:

yeah, but when you sell it....

If. Big if. lol. No, but you can only do that if you somehow manage to touch, with metal, both the positive pin and the negative shielding. It's the same thing as sticking a fork into a wall socket. Also, I kind of safely assume that anyone who could spend money on it is at least competent enough NOT to be stupid.

I think hail's darth64 buyer put stuff into the wrong ports and stuff happened, they were angry at hail afterwards.(or was it the ncube?)

Back