Help needed with a ps2

I recently purchased a ps2 second hand and have been enjoying a bit of retro gaming. After a few months I tracked down die hard trilogy and got myself a light gun for the 2nd game. I loaded it in and after the ps logo the screen then goes blank and says "invalid input" and I can't play it. The music still plays in the background so I am confused as to why it won't display.

I asked a friend for advice and he offered to help me rectify this issue. We tried it in his ps2 and it made an awful noise when the disc was in and now he has the highest same problem. Bare in mind his has always been a able to play ps1 games. Now he is a bit annoyed as his won't work because of my game.

Can anyone shed some light as to why this has happened and what I need to do.

Thanks

Ben

Pics of the disc, edge-on, top, and bottom? Only way a disc is going to damage a PS2 is if it's got a ton of crud on it or is warped somehow.

As for the invalid input, where did you buy this disc? If you bought it online, did you make sure you didn't buy a PAL disc for your NTSC console?

I will upload some pics for you at some point today

Also I may have to update my location settings as I am in the UK so the disc is pal, as is the console I would assume. I bought it off of an eBay shop online

Thanks

Back