HELP MY ACER HES TO YOUNG TO DIE!

banditpaw1

My acer aspir 5520-5330 is not starting up. :cry4: :cry4: :cry4: :cry4:
It looks like it does when it sleeps its a black screen whith the power light blinking.
At frist I thought it was sleeping but it wont turn on.I cant trun it off either the only way to turn it off is to yank the battery. Then I noticed it souded like something was trying to run but couldnt.So I dont know but I miss my laptop...
PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

Your GPU has likely become unsoldered over time. Take it apart, and press down on the GPU with your finger and see if it boots.

Bibin said:
Your GPU has likely become unsoldered over time. Take it apart, and press down on the GPU with your finger and see if it boots.

Bibin thinks that all laptop problems can be fixed this way. :awesome:

Or bake the entire mainboard in the oven for 10 minutes @ 200 degrees, let cool for an hour. It remelts the solder, I saw it done on a video card.

PalmerTech said:
Bibin said:

Bibin thinks that all laptop problems can be fixed this way. :awesome:
well looks lik hes wrong. i am gonna sell/ trade it. epic-you is crazy

Bandit, I was actually just messing with Bibin. He is right, and so is epic. I have now fixed two laptops just like yours with the oven trick, though I go for 350 degrees and 20 minutes.

Try it!

Does the oven one really work that well? I may have to give it a try on one of the many ThinkPad T40s lying around with the Radeon 7500 chips in 'em.

It depends on the model. Just make sure to put a stack of coins on top of the GPU to press it down with a little pressure when the solder melts.

Back