Halo Reach Spartan armor

Jidan

JEEEEEEEEDAN
Hey guys

I've been working on some Halo Reach Spartan Armor for a little while, and thought I'd show you guys some pictures. I'll go in depth on the process if you want later, but right now I'm too lazy. Here are a few pictures of the small amount of work I have done...

726.jpg

Above are the models (before hardening and painting) for (from left to right) the right EVA shoulder, forearm, left should (recon?) and right bicep. The bicep is actually hardened there, but I'm nearly done fixing up the outside to paint.

723.jpg

There's the biggest piece I have, which took about 4 days to construct. I'm going over to my friend's house on Tuesday again to work so I should be able to get a lot done. Right now over there I have the right EVA shoulder, left recon shoulder, both biceps, both forearms, both handplates, and the torso partly hardened and so I should be done with all of that completely within about 2 weeks. I still have to do the lower body, but it shouldn't take that long. Then I have the helmet (probably will do a recon or EOD helmet) and pistol, knife, and a gun of some sort that I haven't decided on yet.

I'm going to get my friend to send me some pictures of him wearing the parts he has done. He's making Carter's suit while I'm making my own custom one. The suits will be accurate down to nearly every detail so we will look almost exactly like Spartans from the game :)

Im trying to not be impressed, sinces its Halo: reach (and halo in general), but thats damned good work. I never had the patience to do pepekaru. (or however its spelled)

Hahah, I've only actually played Reach once and I only really liked the first game enough to really play it. But yeah, it takes about 18 hours to assemble a 120 piece helmet like this one
233.jpg

(yes, that's a bit skewed, but I've since fixed it and it's sitting incomplete up in my room. I'll likely finish it and donate it to a local game store unless someone wants to buy it)

which I had to make twice...but pepakura is easy once you get the hang of it. The torso up there took about 25 hours to fully assemble...and everything up there will likely take another 20 hours to completely finish, which isn't that bad. I'll be done with the entire suit by April and we'll be going to two cons that month and another in September :) Thanks!

My friend was doing something similar. He kind of quit doing that and is now working on a hidden blade mechanism to be Ezio.

I tried some Pepakura, but then got horribly bored of it and stopped.

That's why I pep almost exclusively during school ;) plus, you get to the point where you can see the reward at the end of the tunnel. And the torso I made is pretty much badass in person :lol:

EDIT: Woo 1000 posts

I pay for classes. And only have one a day. So I'd rather not waste my money doing that in class. The same friend mostly did work like that while listening to music. He made chain mail while watching TV.

772.jpg

798.jpg

Both are completely hardened and ready for smoothing and detailing; next picture will be me in both of them (but neither done :p )

Well, when it comes right down to it, it's bondo mixed with fiberglass resin with fiberglass mats pushed into it. The torso weighs about 25 lbs and is extremely, extremely strong. It is mainly for cosplay but it could stand up to pretty much any hits you were to use against it.

If you're allowed to distribute the pep file for the torso, may i have it? I want to make a carter suit for my first ever pep project, and can't seem to find a unfolded carter torso. That one looks very nice, and i would appreciate it SO MUCH if you would kindly put an end to my search. Thanks alot! Also, your work looks amazing so far! I can't wait to see the finished product! :dahroll:

Hahah, I actually haven't worked on this hardly at all...what I do have is part of a build for Jorge's suit and part of it for a standard Reach build....anyway, Carter's torso is just the regular Reach torso. I'd be more than happy to send the file your way if you throw me your email in a PM :)

I'm debating now over whether or not it's worth it to start back up again....it takes a lot of work and time. Dunno if it's worth it. Who knows? We'll see...

As a Halo fan (mostly of the books) I can tell you that stuff looks sweet. If you add color then it will be just perfect!

Back