Guys, I need girlfriend help.

PalmerTech

Founder of Modretro
Staff member
Not that kind. :dah:

I am looking for games with online co-op/multiplayer, any genre really. Already did Portal 2, any suggestions for a good game that we could play together?

Thanks guys! <3

Can you give me a specific platform to narrow it down? Or should I just assume this is on PC?

PC is best, Wii is okay.

Ideally, it would be something not zombie based, she is not a fan of gruesome games. :p

TF2 has gone downhill since it became free to play.

Oh, and DS is good, too. We both have those!

Webcams are easy and F2P, but you knew that. :trollface:

Worms is fun, and it's cheap on steam, gift her a copy.

SS

EDIT: Oh, instead of online, go outside and play long-distance frisbee. :trollface:

Magicka
Serious Sam
Borderlands
Left 4 Dead 1/2 (I know there's zombies, but its not scary :p)
Minecraft
Terraria
Alien Swarm
Gears Of War
Grand Theft Auto IV
Sanctum
Icewind Dale 1/2
Neverwinter Nights 1/2
Baldur's Gate 1/2

I actually second Minecraft. If you or her host your own server, then it's like a little Palmer/Nicole world you can explore and build in together, just the two of you.

The Civilization games are a ton of fun too, as are many RTSes. Comp stomp == co-op! I remember many a fine afternoon spent crushing Nazis, Nazgul, and Nod in Company of Heroes, Battle for Middle-Earth, and Tiberium Wars, respectively. And nothing beats finally winning that war against Spain and that Sega Isabella who keeps attacking your boyfriend's border towns just 'cause they're close. I still need to check out that Starcraft game I've heard so much about ::3:

Speaking of Blizzard, if you want to go old school, multiplayer dungeon crawling doesn't get much better than Diablo II. Also speaking of Blizzard, sometimes it can be fun to get into a MMO, but for the love of god don't make it World of Warcraft. Since Nicole likes cosplay she might enjoy Champions Online, a free-to-play superhero muh-mor-pah-guh that has a beautifully complex character editor. And still Beta won't play with me. COME ON, one of my characters is a goggles-wearing vintage android named Hipsterbot.

Aux said:
And still Beta won't play with me. COME ON, one of my characters is a goggles-wearing vintage android named Hipsterbot.

Needs a Dvorak keyboard, and OSX. Also, call it Poopin'LaptopBeta.

SS

Command and Conquer games, either Generals or RA3. I know they are considered the worst two, but I liked them the most. RA3 actually supports co-op singleplayer in addition to standard skirmish-style MP.

And YES, definitely Minecraft.

Minecraft is okay as long as you keep it interesting. Building all day is AAAUUUUGGHHH... unless she's really into what she's building.

Also, I didn't see League of Legends posted as a suggestion by anyone so far. Good game, even though the maps are not well varied.

Something to the extent of TeamSpeak should be used, unless you're right next to each other. I'm lazy, so I use Skype.

PalmerTech said:
I disagree; you must be on some craptastic servers or something.

TF2, Minecraft, and Diablo II are what come to mind. There's Terraria if you're into that, although personally I find it a bit boring :p Garry's Mod would be good for lulz.

ShockSlayer said:
aw *PLAQUE*, if palmer starts playing MC again how am I supposed to play. :U
...buy the game? :p

PalmerTech said:
Go to a "premium" server then. (One which automatically bans free-to-players)

And seriously, it's not that bad, most of the people who play still appear to be 14+ and/or do not have a microphone.

Antome said:
And seriously, it's not that bad, most of the people who play still appear to be 14+ and/or do not have a microphone.
Heh, the free players I have seen are 12 and have a microphone :p fortunately, we usually troll them until they leave or shut up.

If free players bother you you're playing on the wrong servers or something. I've never had issues with them. Heck, I've even made friends with at least one or two of them and they're definitely not the brainless idiots everyone thinks free players are.

I get really bothered by this irrational hate and fear of the free players. It's almost completely groundless and it's really stupid. :/

Back