Guy-manuel de Homem Christo helmet worklog

Two days ago my Daft Punk Thomas helmet was stolen. I went to go buy another but then realized Guy's helmets is much cooler. After finding out these go for around 650,000 I decided to make my own. I just spent spent the last 8 hours creating, printing, giving up, trying again, finding the exact thing on the internet, and editing beyond all recognition a pep model of Guy-manuel de Homem Christo's Daft Punk helmet.guyhelmetedit 4.pdo
Im going to pick up some more cardstock and get some work done later today.

GuyPepimg-1.png

Bump: Well I took a pretty big knick out of my knuckle and I going to need nerve surgery but screw doctors and their medical degrees im gonna work on it anyways

woot card stock model finished
snapshot.png

I doesn't look so good after loosing the use of my thumb :(, but I think it's pretty good for my first pep model.
Third pep file finished heres a couple of pics
P290111_1604.jpg

P290111_1604_01.jpg

P290111_1606.jpg

P290111_1607.jpg

P290111_1607_01.jpg

Update:
Just a quick q Modretroz, paint. I am planing on a tron style helm with discovery style paint, with a mix of tron and discovery style led with a rear led panel. i figured id vacume form the visors, and Im just wondering how should i tint them. I read somewhere to use headlight paint or is there an alternative? Also the helmet paint, gold with black and or silver decals, I dont want to spend hundreds of munnies getting it chromized or whatever, what type of paint should I use?

Nice to see some pepakura going on here! Looking good; can't wait to see how you do the visor and the LEDs :)

Back