Great case for beginners - The Radica Golden Tee Plug & Play

weedenfeed

Hey everybody. I just wanted to share this. I'm not sure if anyone else has, I haven't seen this in any other threads.

I got this at St. Vincent's for $1. Its the Radica Golden Tee Plug & Play. The reason I picked it up is for the case itself.

Its a little bulky, and most portablizers who go for small aren't going to be interested at all, but for the beginner, this seems like a good case to start with. The dimensions are 7"W x 6"H x 2-3/4"D. These measurements will vary, since the sides of the case slope and the back also slopes inward.

I do like how there are indents for your hands though, and you can fit the N64 or GC motherboard in it virtually untrimmed. So again, perfect for a beginner. The inside is pretty spacious once you clean out the supports and guides inside. As for the front, once you remove the four buttons and the trackball, you just have to do a little bit of casework to close up the holes, but not much.

Hope someone else can find a use for this too! If I use this for a project, i'll be sure to start a worklog.

IMAG0245.jpg

IMAG0246.jpg

IMAG0247.jpg

IMAG0248-1.jpg

Re: Great case for beginners - The Radica Golden Tee Plug &

thats crazy you got it for $1 since I googled it and there $44!!!

Yeah, online they can still be pricey.

I have found two of them and bought them both. One I got for $1 at St. Vincent De Paul's Dig & Save, since all controllers are $1, and apparently they thought it was a controller. The other I found at a local Goodwill, and it was $3.99. Couldn't pass it up.

I doubt i'll use both of them, if anyone is interested, I could probably part with one of them.

There's also a bunch on ebay, like this one for $14 or so:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Golden-Tee-Golf ... 3371976120

I smell potential here. I may be interested in grabbing one of those off of you depending on price.

Sounds good. Obviously i'm not going to ask for much since I didn't pay much for them. I did already disassemble both that I have to just the case, so if you need any of the parts that were inside it, you'll have to let me know. Anyone that is interested, just PM me and let me know. Id probably say $10, shipping included. Or make an offer/trade.

I'll try to get pics up of the interior soon.

Back