GodDang Batteries...

GCGO

Ive been having alot of trouble with me GCP, and one of those is...batteries

Im using 3 x 2200 mAh 3.7V li ion batteries, all connected in series. I recieved them and the way they were wired was so that I had to have the switch turned on while charging. I wanted to remove this, but before I did, I decided to test it. It worked fine, the green light came on on the adapter, and the red light on the switch came on.

But the next day, the LED on the switch didnt turn on when it was switched on. I thought it was dead (the switch, not the batteries) but it was still needed to be turned on to charge the batteries. Then I noticed the battery was not charging anymore, but it was always in the state of being plugged in. I think it may be the switch, but i dont have a clue. Here are some pics of what im talking about.

http://s801.photobucket.com/user/letsdo ... t=3&page=1

(Scroll to the right. Theres 5 pics)
As you can see on the 3rd pic, the red light is on on the adapter. This means the circuit is made on the battery. But a green light is supposed to turn on below it to show it is charging. This doesnt happen!!

It may be a short, as I did desolder some of the wires to try and remove the switch from the recharge circuit, which did not work.

Any help is appreciated.

Note: the battery currently has 0 AMPS, so I cant test it :( :( :(

Re: Dang Batteries...

It could be as simple as your DC jack doesn't work. That did happen to me before. Sometimes the metal can become corroded or something of the sort, and it no longer makes contact unless you push and bend and get it just right. Some dirt or some residue could have gotten in there as well. Do you have a multimeter ( I might have asked you this before)? It could do you a lot of good to check the voltages on each wire and see if the right voltages are there.

Back