GCP skinkt Worklog

I think it is a little hard to explain how to make that adapter. I'll try and lay out some basics of it and hopefully you can connect the dots. so the gamecube ports have 6 wires. controllers normally use 5 of those 6. but 4 of those 5 are shared between all controllers and 1 is not needed at all so you wire up the port so player 2-4 signal lines go to it (that is the one that is specific for each controller port) then ground, vcc, and rumble are shared between all controllers. rumble can be completely left out if you want. or have a switch to turn it off.

you use a normal controller wire for the adapter. you add the 6th pin since the controller normally only has 5 and just wire it accordingly. 1 for rumble, 1 for ground, 3 for signal, 1 for vcc

if you want an external player 1 controller you need a spdt switch on the signal for it and another port.

You could do that and still have an external player 1 as well by using just the outer metal shielding of the plug to carry GND.

already done! I just put player 1 external port on the gc and made the adapter for P1-P2-P3, as I dont think I'll ever use P4. Thanks to zack for his help on connections!

Bd8ndHcl.jpg

DtDLfMSl.jpg

gj2J5Lr.jpg

PS: Its a spray can lid (spoilers for the color I'll use :D )

Back