GCP minimum battery requirements

VEGETAtion

Ive seen GCPs with 14.8 volts and 4700 mAH, can i go any lower? like say for example, three 3.7v batteries, with 4700 mAH? or just give me a good suggestion :hit: :hit: :hit:

i believe its been confirmed that the gamecube will run off 7.5 volts, however running it on lower voltage is less efficient. more volts, same mah= better. 14.8 is the highest you wanna go though. really though, go for over 9000Ah at 14.8v!

Argelfraster said:
If you're at 14.8v 9000aH you might as well make a laptop.
more like a fully electric car. 9000Ah is absolutely massive. (a car battery is only 800Ah, and thats pretty much as big as commercial batteries get)
i just felt i needed more awesome in that post so i put the "over 9000" reference. ;)

samjc3 said:
Argelfraster said:
more like a fully electric car. 9000Ah is absolutely massive. (a car battery is only 800Ah, and thats pretty much as big as commercial batteries get)
i just felt i needed more awesome in that post so i put the "over 9000" reference. ;)
im guessing you noticed my name is vegetation, but mainly VEGETA, lol i seen that 9000 joke coming tho :p

VEGETAtion said:
samjc3 said:
Argelfraster said:
im guessing you noticed my name is vegetation, but mainly VEGETA, lol i seen that 9000 joke coming tho :p
that twas my inspiration, aye.

One more time for the record :p

The Gamecube will not run on anything less than 10v on the 12v line using the Gamecubes Regulator.

The Gamecube and any other electronic device is more efficient at lower voltages. Meaning at lower voltages they will use less overall power. But they will draw more amperage.

So say a device draws 1A at 14.4v , it will probably draw around 1.1A at 12v. That would mean at 14.4v it uses 14.4 watts but at 12v it only uses 13.2 watts. But it draws more amps so you have to compensate with higher mAh batteries.

hailrazer said:
One more time for the record :p

The Gamecube will not run on anything less than 10v on the 12v line using the Gamecubes Regulator.

The Gamecube and any other electronic device is more efficient at lower voltages. Meaning at lower voltages they will use less overall power. But they will draw more amperage.

So say a device draws 1A at 14.4v , it will probably draw around 1.1A at 12v. That would mean at 14.4v it uses 14.4 watts but at 12v it only uses 13.2 watts. But it draws more amps so you have to compensate with higher mAh batteries.

thanks for the help!

hailrazer said:
Note that this was a Revision 2 Gamecube with the built in regulator board and no digital outputs.

At 12v the Gamecube draws an average of 1.5A

So with that info we get.

14.8v will draw 1.2A
11.1v will draw 1.6A
7.4v will draw 2.45A

Which I think is a more scientific way of doing it :)
I use this post ALL the time :cool:

note - the 7.4v is theoretical. You would need a "custom voltage regulator" to get that to work.

Back