WM10218-ND - 6" 10 pin .5mm ffc cable
WM7679CT-ND - 12 pin ffc Zif connector
OR740CT-ND - 20 pin ffc Zif connector
Size M jack
Size M mount
Bondo
Apoxy

Highlights:
-Three 3.7v 5000mAh batteries for 11.1V, which should be about 2 hours 30 minutes of play time
-5" PSone screen
-Internal memory cards (relocating slots is hard)
-Controller will be fully intact and exactly the same as a regular controller
-One player only (I am too new to modding to have anything more)
-Headphone Jack
-DD intact

Current Design as of May 19, 2011:

Design.jpg

UPDATED MONDAY FEBRUARY 14, 2011

This is my first GCp, so I thought I'd make a log for it. I've taken it apart, but I don't have a proper case. I was going to use a Dynex DVD player, but it was too thin. I was then going to use the ZN-45, but that means I would have to LED mod the screen.

IMG_6141.jpg

IMG_6142.jpg

IMG_6147-1.jpg

UPDATED MONDAY MARCH 14, 2011

Good news! I found a case. I currently have a Lazerdoodle on the way! I should be able to start building some time next week.

UPDATED THURSDAY MARCH 17, 2011

Hailrazer mailed me the case, and it should arrive in a week or two.

UPDATED SATURDAY MARCH 26, 2011

The Lazerdoodle has finally arrived! :D I should begin construction tomorrow or Monday.

IMG_1290-1.jpg

UPDATED SATURDAY APRIL 9, 2011

IMG_1296-1.jpg

Good News! I wired the regulator to the motherboard. It works perfectly, which is a relief from all of the frustration and re-soldering I had to do. All in all, it took about 2 hours (1 and 1/2 hours of that was procrastination), which is actually pretty good.

UPDATED SUNDAY MAY 1, 2011

Due to memory card problems, and other soldering issues, I have decided to start again. This time, I promise I will do it right.

UPDATED MONDAY MAY 16, 2011

IMG_6148.jpg

I wired up the controller to the motherboard today. Took a little while, but it's working fine now. All I need now is a 7808 regulator for my screen and I can complete the soldering phase of my portable.

UPDATED THURSDAY MAY 19, 2011

I was looking at other Portable Logs today and noticed something I don't have that every other log does. A LIST OF HIGHLIGHTS AND A DESIGN! :eek: The reason I didn't do this at the beginning of my portable is because I wasn't entirely sure what I was going to do. I had a basic idea, but I still wasn't sure about the case or my finished design. I apologize and will upload a list of parts and a design sometime today.

UPDATED TUESDAY JUNE 7, 2011

I finally got around to working on the portable last weekend. I've been extremely busy with ISPs and upcoming exams. Anyway, here's a small update, but don't expect another until late June when school ends. I've wired up the screen and lengthened the wires on the DD.

IMG_1298.jpg

UPDATED THURSDAY JULY 7, 2011

Okay, I should have uploaded this 2 weeks ago, but I ran into several problems, which ultimately caused me to buy a new PCB and a new battery. :wtf: <sarcasm>Try adding a HAZ-MAT package onto that for extra fun</sarcasm>. Anyway, $120 dollars later, here I am with a fully functional Gamecube portable. Tie to pack up the soldering gun and break out the bondo!

IMG_1299-1.jpg

Re: GCp Log

You don't have to LED mod the Psone screen if you use a ZN-45. You can trim off the top of the screen, just before the inverter, and trim off the bottom up until you hit the speaker connectors. It'll fit, just barely, and you get to keep the stock backlight.

Even so, I would still suggest going with a datamax. The other components are so large that you'd have a very hard time stuffing it all in a ZN-45. It's doable, but not advisable for a first portable. Neither is trimming the Psone screen, for that matter.

i have a laser doodle but i am not sure if i can ship to canada i do live in the us through

Ohh the race is on!

....kidding dudes

I think there are going to be alot of light portable gamecubes and alot of slims.

Its not like he legit stole your name.
If you think so then make a better name! :)

Hugo, people have used the word "Lite" and "Light" in the names for their portables before. Simmer down.

Trollman, I really suggest the SD card modchip. It's amazing.

No, because I think this guy actually knows what he is doing. Also, he isnt using horrible memory card sd loading.

Bush said:
No, because I think this guy actually knows what he is doing. Also, he isnt using horrible memory card sd loading.

Yes, SD load sucks... but Wiikey Fusion rocks.

Install Wiikey Fusion NOW!

Re: GCp Log (Updated April 9, 2011)

This isn't a trade thread, there is no point at all in bumping it, so, spam. Warned.

SS

Trollman said:

IMG_1296-1.jpg

Good News! I wired the regulator to the motherboard. It works perfectly, which is a relief from all of the frustration and re-soldering I had to do. All in all, it took about 2 hours, which is actually pretty good.

Woah, 2 hours to solder 5 wires?
And there pretty long, you will need about 3 to 5 centimeters if you want to build it in a portable...
I would consider working on your soldering skills first...

~Hugo

Hugo_Peters said:
Trollman said:

IMG_1296-1.jpg

Good News! I wired the regulator to the motherboard. It works perfectly, which is a relief from all of the frustration and re-soldering I had to do. All in all, it took about 2 hours, which is actually pretty good.

And there pretty long, you will need about 3 to 5 centimeters if you want to build it in a portable...

~Hugo

Actually, I wasn't soldering all the time. I tend to procrastinate and lose sense of time.

Trollman said:
Hugo_Peters said:
Trollman said:

IMG_1296-1.jpg

~Hugo

Actually, I wasn't soldering all the time. I tend to procrastinate and lose sense of time.
Okay but make those wires smaller!! :p

Back