GCBoy (Gamecube Controller on GBA)

ColtHardic

Re: (insert cool name here) Gamecube controller on GBA

"Gc boy"?
Comfy boy ? ^^

but btw is this the final product? Did you rewire the buttons? Or how did you do it?

Re: (insert cool name here) Gamecube controller on GBA

Yes this is the final product. This was my first mod so I know that it does not look amazing. I used some epoxy and took buttons from another controller and the d-pad from the Gamecube controller and epoxied them to the original buttons that were already on the GBA. I have made sure that the buttons will not like fall off or anything. I put a clothes pin on the A and B buttons and held it in the air buy the clothes pin not hanging on to the GBA and they stayed.

It's simple, although I like it. I would call it "Big Boy". Just for the weird looks people would give me.

Very interesting! I certainly never would have thought to do this.

How sturdy is the construction? That's my main concern with a project like this. If it's strong, excellent!

I did something like this with a CGB.
Just melted the sides of the controller to the gameboy.. It was actually really comfortable!

Congrats! You finished something. :) The A/B buttons remind me a bit of Genesis buttons. lol Glad it worked out for you.

Twilight Wolf: The construction is very well made. It is very sturdy I dropped it (on purpose) to see what would happen and they stayed there and did not even move.

Tibia: Thank you. Also the A and B buttons are from the Genesis. LOL!

I like it! For the next version, consider using car filler like bondo to fully integrate the Gamecube parts into the GBA. But that's what first mods are for!

Better than my first mods. Actually, the phrase "mod attempts" would probably be more appropriate. I tried to give a GBC a battery and managed to fry it. :wtf:

TheNineRings said:
It's simple, although I like it. I would call it "Big Boy". Just for the weird looks people would give me.
Big Boy Advanced? :dah: :gonk: :facepalm:
Who cares about looks if it's comfy?

It looks like you only did half the job. This could be something amazing, but you just havn't brought this to any point in which it can be called "finished"

I have seen no indication that you have added reachable L and R buttons, and the existing buttons look like they are tacked on, rather than using the existing gamecube ones. Heck, if you wanted a stick could be added, even if it didn't have any extra functuality over the Dpad

Diminuendo: I don't need the L and R buttons on any of my video games. The only games that I play are Pokemon and they do not require them.

ColtHardic said:
Diminuendo: I don't need the L and R buttons on any of my video games. The only games that I play are Pokemon and they do not require them.

So do I! In fact I only bought a DS to play Pokemon Platinum.

This is really cool. However, I do agree with Diminuendo in some regards. I think you should have the A and B buttons be the ones on the Gamecube controller. Then you should add in the L and R buttons, fill in the holes where like the analog stick and stuff are, fill it in around the edges and make it flow up to the controller, then paint it. This has potential to look awesome. Make it happen ;)

ToastBucket said:
Make it so, Number one ;)
picard.jpg

Very nice, but I think it would look cool if you painted the GBA to match the controller. Or the other way around. :dah:

Back