GC/Wii laptop with PS2 Joytech screen

Roler

Hello all!

I've been lurking for a while and adoring all the awesome portables on here. And i decided i want to try something similar.

Since those portables all look super hard to make I want to try making a wii/GC laptop, since these look easier to make.

So my question for you guys is this: Can i build a Wii laptop with the Joytech PS2 screen? (viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9496). I want it to be multiplayer compatible so multiple people should be able to get a nice view on the screen. Do you guys have any screen suggestions (will this one work?).

Looking on Ebay i found this: (Ebay Link)
It looks easy enough to install, is it?

My soldering skills are decent, but i don't want to get into trimming every single thing down. I don't want it to be powered by batteries.

Also what is easier: Keeping the original disc drive or softmodding the wii and putting my games on a hdd?

Things i ideally want to keep:

The gamecube controller ports
The external video ports (so i can hook it up to a tv)
Power from the original adapter.

I prefer flat and long over small and bulky.

What do you guys think/suggest? Any help is much appreciated :)

Greetings from the Netherlands!

Sorry for the horrible formatting

I don't know of any Wii games that can't be played from a USB loader, so you're fine in that regards, but Gamecube is another story. You can get some compatibility via DIOS MIOS and Devolution where DM does not work, however I understand that sometimes Devolution requires a game to be verified with the disk again, meaning you may need the disk-drive to retain compatibility with those games. If you want perfect compatibility, many people opt for the Wiikey Fusion to replace the disk drives on their gamecube portables, so you could always go with that instead of keeping the bulky disc drive, too.

Also, I've moved this to it's proper forum.

Back