Gc stock reg outputs wrong voltages

PSIDuck

I rewired everything from my gc, because it wqs a mess. But now the stock reg outputs no voltages. Also when i check with the multimeter it says that there is continuity between 3.3 and ground(same with 12v and 1.9) but there is nothing, i dont see it! I also disconnected everything, there is just the power supply the mobo and the stock reg. Another maybe important info might be that the red power led from the memcard A flashes once and turns off after half a sec. Is my gc fried??

Re: Gc stock reg outputs no voltages

if you dont see anything obvious then certainly no one here will be able to also...
might be best to tear it down and solder it over again...

Re: Gc stock reg outputs no voltages

I checked the voltages from the power board and there where obscure voltages.. Where 3.3 should be there was 2.78 and where 1.9 should be there was 5. Any way to fix this? And did i fried it with the 5v on the lower chip? And there is still continuity between ground and the 1.9 and 3.3 pins. Is this supposed to be? Any way to check if both chips still work? The bigger chip, which is fed with 2.78v doesnt get hot, but i think thats normal. Would a new reg would fix everything?

There is most likely a short somewhere if the board is not fried, try disconnecting all of the wires from the power board and making sure everything is clean, then measure it. Low voltages are indicative of either high loads, shorts, or broken components on the board, so you might have a short somewhere, maybe on the gamecube mobo itself?

i already checked the mobo, there is no short, but you said voltages could go lower, but instead of 1.9v there is 5v, i rewired it multiple times and also cleaned it. is it possible that the powerboard is just broken? and is the mobo fried because it got 5v instead of 1.9?

It could be just a bad power board, however gamecubes are pretty durable, I've actually put 3.3v into the 1.9v line by mistake before and it was just fine. You might just need a new power board.

ok thanks alot, is there any way to check if the mobo is broken without usage from the power board? it was only fed for maybe 4 secs in total with 5v

zzEOFi6
i think i found the problem. here its shorted to ground. so any methods to fix it? can i cut the row and use the upper row?

PSIDuck said:
zzEOFi6.jpg
i think i found the problem. here its shorted to ground. so any methods to fix it? can i cut the row and use the upper row?

Is that where you tested? Because what you circled shouldn't be a problem. That pin and the other six with it that are between those dark lines are all 1.9v

arent these3.3 lines? anyway, doesnt matter because i have wrong voltages, so ill get a new one hoping that this didnt killed my mobo

ah ok thank you. but instead of 5v i got 7.3. and instead of 3.3 i have 5 and instead of 1.9 i have 2.78.
is this caused because i feed the regulator with 16v? i thought it can handle up to 50v

SOLVED, its working again now. i have to get a new battery. these sucks, it randomly jumps between 11 and 16 volt each time i turn on. this caused these obscure woltages. now its working again because it jumped back to 12 v. also someone fix the kasar guide. there is a mistake, thats why i thought pin 16,17 and 18 are 3.3v

Back