Gamecube Won't Power On?

Ampz

Hi everyone,
I was wiring up the stock regulator just for testing to see if my Gc works.
However when i was done i tried it out on one of my CRT's and the screen was just black.
I was using a wii power supply wired up to the board which connects the regulator and fan together, afterwards I felt that the fan was very hot and that the mobo was cold?

Maybe you connected reverse polarity to the fan and it drew all the power instantly, shutting off the Wii power supply. The Wii power supply is very sensitive to things like that. See if it is still outputting 12v. If not, unplug it and bridge the positive and negative leads to drain its charge, then plug it back in.

I checked on my multimeter that it was outputting 12v (12.20v) and the fan didn't spin at all.

Here's a picture and the soldering job is not incredibly good because of my low supply of solder:
O27dBqAl.jpg

li4YekRl.jpg

low7DGUl.jpg

And I bridge the power supply ends to cause sparks until it stops then i unplug it and put it back in but nothing?
I also tested on the regulator where the voltage comes in from the small board in between the fan and regulator, sparks come from there as well but the nothing happens to the motherboard all I see is a black screen?

I tried again today to see if it wasn't just anything wrong with it on that day but still no avail.

Sparks? You are not supposed to see sparks!
From what I can see from the first picture, you connected wrongly the power source! You have to invert its polarity!

Aurelio said:
Sparks? You are not supposed to see sparks!
From what I can see from the first picture, you connected wrongly the power source! You have to invert its polarity!

Oh sorry, what I meant by sparks was that if I bridge the the ground and voltage of the regulator pins with my multimeter test leads sparks appear as well, like the power supply (obviously). And how do you invert it's polarity? Sorry for the question.

Just desolder the two wire of the power supply from the PCB with the switch and solder them back again but this time invert their positions

Oh I thought it meant something like that but hey, better to be safe than sorry right? And I'll try it out and see what happens.

Ah the fan now works but nothing else runs, I also saw a flash on the crt but still nothing excexcephe fan?

When I said bridge the connectors I said to do it while it's unplugged to drain any residual charge. Never do that if it's plugged it.

Yes, I think your polarity is backwards in the first picture you showed. And from my experience if you connect the polarity backwards to the GC regulator it will kill the regulator. So that is probably why it still isn't working. You could check the fuse on your regulator to see if it was broken (just bridge it if it is) but if not it is most likely dead. Not the motherboard, just the regulator.

Try to desolder all the wires between the gamecube and the power regulator and see if the power regulator gives you the correct outputs

Back