Gamecube problem

Mr.Mike

I have a rev C gamecube with all ports taken off and the pins all cleaned up, I tested it and it worked fine. However, I go and test it with my new screen and it works fine! I shut it off for a little bit then try again and nothing! The cpu and gpu get hot but nothing shows on the screen! There shouldn't be any shortage since I placed everything on a paper towel! What is wrong?! Please help!

If you are using a manufactured video cable, it may be broken. It could be that ground or the video signal got disconnected somewhere in the cable. If you wired it directly, make sure there is no break in the signal anywhere from the screen to the GameCube's AV chip. A capacitor or other small component could have come off somewhere, breaking the signal path.

But do both processors actually get warm? Maybe only one of them is getting power, though I wouldn't suspect that because I think their power lines are connected on a Rev C board.

Both processors get warm. I tried it again, worked, shut it off and turned it off again, then it didnt work so i am guessing its the AV cable. Once i do some board trimming Ill solder the tft monitor directly and see if the problem persists. Thanks for the advice though!

so do you get audio? does the GC disc dive spin up?

what about the screen? does it work more reliably plugged into another device?

you should be looking for things that confirm what is working and what isn't

Back